Role Panel during space combat

Maybe I am missing something but why does the in-flight role panel in Odyssey during combat tell me what outfit I am wearing rather than the state of my ship?

odyssey role.jpg

I really need to see something like this (from Horizons):

horizons role.jpg

Please don't say look in the internal UI under ship shield health as that doesn't seem to vary.

Yes I know we have the shield rings on the holo-ship but the actual percentage seems / feels important to me.

So, am I missing something?

Am I missing something here? Nobody else is bothered by this ship combat status panel degradation in Odyssey? Maybe it has been reported and I have missed that?

I did see one other thread posted about this a week or two back. For myself, although I knew it was there I've never used anything except the shield/hull indicators on the HUD.

... what info exactly is that panel showing you that you need? Honestly I wish they would remove it. The damn thing ruined the view of so many cockpits.

I added a comment into the official feedback thread - might be worth others doing the same. fdev seem to have hired a new bunch for EDO and they've been dropping existing features willy-nilly.

... what info exactly is that panel showing you that you need? Honestly I wish they would remove it. The damn thing ruined the view of so many cockpits.

My main reason for missing it was the actual percentage shield strength. I like to make sure it is back to 100% before changing pips back. Now I am left to guess "Just how bright is that outer ring on the holo-ship-shield?"

In any event - why would it be that you get presented with your suit options when you are in combat with other ships? The "helm" section of the crotch panel has just been discarded and a "commander" section stuck in the redesigned panel. It is just (to me) another example of the fact that FPS seems now to be the driving force of Elite.

Top Bottom