RollerCoaster Tycoon 3 coming 24 September!

I think Frontier's next announcement would be remastered versions of both Thrillville games coming to the PS4, PS5, Xbox One, Xbox Series X, Nintendo Switch, and PC (even though we have Off the Rails for PC) as part of a two-game collection.

Harbinger

Volunteer Moderator
I think Frontier's next announcement would be remastered versions of both Thrillville games coming to the PS4, PS5, Xbox One, Xbox Series X, Nintendo Switch, and PC (even though we have Off the Rails for PC) as part of a two-game collection.

I would imagine that is unlikely unless Frontier sign a licensing agreement or acquire the IP from Disney.

If anything of this gives Atari money, sorry, never gonna buy it in that case. They don't deserve a single penny from me.

The whole reason why there is no upgrade path from RCT3 Platinum is because Frontier cut all ties with Atari and can now release this game under their Foundry Flag. Judging from the fine print on the Steam page Chris Sawyer does get some sort of (possibly financial) recognition but I hope we all agree that's not a bad thing at all! :)

And of course it is rather worrying that Tencent/ CCP is sticking its tentacles into Frontier, but ignorance is bliss I guess?

The whole reason why there is no upgrade path from RCT3 Platinum is because Frontier cut all ties with Atari and can now release this game under their Foundry Flag. Judging from the fine print on the Steam page Chris Sawyer does get some sort of (possibly financial) recognition but I hope we all agree that's not a bad thing at all! :)

And of course it is rather worrying that Tencent/ CCP is sticking its tentacles into Frontier, but ignorance is bliss I guess?
Yeah, Chris Sawyer was a kind of advisor during the development of RCT3 and he ows the RCT-IP. Which likely means that with any RCT-game that gets released, he gets money. See my previous messages regarding the lawsuits with Atari. But Chris Sawyer even helped Frontier to develop an improved version of RCT3 after release many years ago, and got a lawsuit for that apparently by Atari. So, there might be a chance Chris Sawyers help/work/advice then is now being implemented into this complete edition.... or that he is maybe helping them as we speak, although I think the latter is unlikely.

And yeah, Tencent bought like only 9% of the shares of Frontier already 3 years ago. That isn't really enough shares to really change decision-making and they haven't bought shares since. So, they are likely just in it for the piece of profit. But I have to say, that Frontier is starting to dip its toes in many more genres and IPs lately worries me a bit; I hope they won't collapse under their own growth as a company. Especially now they publish several third-party games and are making a Formula One management game and a Age of Sigmar strategy game; this could all be alright and profitable, but if these games wouldn't sell that well and get received poorly, it could seriously damage Frontier. I think it will be alright, but Frontier should watch out with taking too many risks maybe. Haha, but who am I to give them advice, right? XD

I personally liked RCT3 over RCT 1 & 2.

However I wish Frontier would have added and fixed some features before releasing it under their umbrella. Maybe add Steam Workshop support and better graphics (within it's parameters)

Hi, Frontier, please can you tell me if the controls for the PC version will be like the original game and not Planet Coaster? Will it be fully mouse controlled and allow the clickLock feature in windows mouse settings to work? As I mentioned before it's an important feature for disabled people with mobility problems. Thanks

Paul_Crowther

Community Manager
Frontier
Hi, Frontier, please can you tell me if the controls for the PC version will be like the original game and not Planet Coaster? Will it be fully mouse controlled and allow the clickLock feature in windows mouse settings to work? As I mentioned before it's an important feature for disabled people with mobility problems. Thanks

Hi there. The controls in RollerCoaster Tycoon 3 Complete Edition will be the same as they were in the original.

Heck, the current/ legacy version might even be superior.
I highly doubt it. With them saying the game 'has been enhanced for modern PC hardware', I would hope that means the horrendous performance issues have been fixed which I'm sure would make people buy it again.

And the fact that its coming to the Switch makes me think its had those much-needed improvements.

I am having flashbacks of starting parks with the Junior Roller Coaster and Wooden Roller Coaster. 🎢

Will we see a gemplay session of the game running on the switch? I am curious to see how the game would work with the new interface as I only ever saw RCT3 on a Mac/Pc.

Top Bottom