Ross 128

How do I get permit for it?

Doesn’t your boss have a “how to” for your Operation?

And didn’t it finish like a week ago?

What is this, phase two?
Putting us into retreat?

And like, it’s only Ensign, what are you doing wearing full Fed colours if you’re that much a junior burger?

At least when I joined the Fed navy, I made polite excuses about how my kid wanted to see Sol in-game; actually of course I’ve never been to Sol. And I wouldn’t be seen dead in a Fed rank locked ship. I needed the Ross 128 permit to help the Alliance extend the Green Corridor south. Ross 128 was as close as we got to putting an Alliance faction into Sol.

See, people think the big inter-group wars come out of nowhere, but actually the mid-ranked folk like me and “Mostly Harmless Neb” here - we leak like a sieve.

Watch this space for occasional updates on Federation reprisals against “Alliance Opressors”. And hopefully William J Smith will sing his “I’m an innocent trader caught in the crossfire” song again.

That one never gets old.

What is this, phase two?
Putting us into retreat?

And like, it’s only Ensign, what are you doing wearing full Fed colours if you’re that much a junior burger?

At least when I joined the Fed navy, I made polite excuses about how my kid wanted to see Sol in-game; actually of course I’ve never been to Sol. And I wouldn’t be seen dead in a Fed rank locked ship. I needed the Ross 128 permit to help the Alliance extend the Green Corridor south. Ross 128 was as close as we got to putting an Alliance faction into Sol.

See, people think the big inter-group wars come out of nowhere, but actually the mid-ranked folk like me and “Mostly Harmless Neb” here - we leak like a sieve.

Watch this space for occasional updates on Federation reprisals against “Alliance Opressors”. And hopefully William J Smith will sing his “I’m an innocent trader caught in the crossfire” song again.

That one never gets old.

Salt is a dish best farmed cold. :)

P.S. Yeh, Will's a legend isn't he. :D

Last edited:

What is this, phase two?
Putting us into retreat?

That one never gets old.

lol @paranoia. Remember, we're lurking in the shadows! I think everyone's going to be too busy worrying about thargoids from next week.

Just because you're paranoid doesn't mean they aren't after you.

Joseph Heller, Catch-22

It's almost a feeling you can touch in the air
You look all around you, but nobody's there
It's been a long time now since you've been aware
That somebody's watching you

He's gonna get you

The Alan Parson's Project

:D

Last edited:
Do not consider whether or not you are paranoid. Consider rather, in this world of ours, whether you are paranoid enough.

Or that it's not paranoia, but guilty conscience*.

Serving an organization that considers using Thargoid incursion state as a way to keep dead systems under Alliance control can be a heavy burden for somebody with a bit of moral left.
AEDC is most certainly not helping the Alliance cause by making a lot of people angry with their actions.

*) I hope that's the right word, I used google translate.

Possibly. I'm just waiting for a faction in Elite that isn't too evil to support. They are all bad right now.

The one good thing one could say about the Federation is that its not the Empire.
The only good thing about the Empire is that its not the Federation.
The best thing one can say of the Alliance is... Um... No, I got nothing...

Thargoids maybe?

I'm just an innocent trader caught in the crossfire caused by danged alliance types coming into my fav trade zone and causing trouble :p

Actually, if you really want to know what I'm upto, I'm current engaged in <redacted><redacted><redacted><redacted><redacted><redacted><redacted> at <redacted><redacted><redacted> and hopefully the <redacted> faction will be defeated.

Silly paranoid alliance types

Bill

I'm behind yououuuuuuuu :eek:

You think I’m paranoid about Feds under the bed!?

Jeeze you should hear my theories about who is running the bots.

"DNA-Decay explains why they have an aeroplane" - 3304 colourised:

6db.jpg

Last edited:
Possibly. I'm just waiting for a faction in Elite that isn't too evil to support. They are all bad right now.

The one good thing one could say about the Federation is that its not the Empire.
The only good thing about the Empire is that its not the Federation.

Thargoids maybe?
The Alliance is not the Federation, nor is it the Empire. That's two things. :)

Last edited:

On paper the Alliance are the good guys/gals. Human rights, democracy, mutual defense treaty, mutually beneficial trade treaties, fair distribution of power between systems - there is a lot of things to like about the Alliance.
The Alliance it a reformed Federation. Unencumbered by a long history that resulted in the core worlds having more power than systems at the edge. Out of necessity Alliance allows dictatorships as members - making their claim of human rights and democracy a bit less believable.

Both superpowers have their share of corruption and problems. Both superpowers could work together for the greater good of humanity - but their shared history prevents that.

On paper yeah, but their actions make them the worst of the three... sadly.

Don't mistake the actions from some over zealous CMDRs that align themselves to the Alliance with the Alliance (same is true for the other superpowers).

Winning the hearts of unaligned CMDRs is much harder than brute forcing Alliance factions into systems, but winning the hearts of a lot of CMDRs is the only way to establish a stable peace and securing the Alliance territory.

Don't mistake the actions from some over zealous CMDRs that align themselves to the Alliance with the Alliance (same is true for the other superpowers).

Winning the hearts of unaligned CMDRs is much harder than brute forcing Alliance factions into systems, but winning the hearts of a lot of CMDRs is the only way to establish a stable peace and securing the Alliance territory.

Sorry, but I just don't buy it!
They're expansionist, and more imperialist than the imperials, while claiming to be the voice of reason. They are basically the USA.

I always thought that the Alliance was a group of systems that don't want to be part of either the Feds or the Imps. Alliance freedom is freedom to remain individual (sort of like a reverse Borg)- but at the same time it is a bit like the Borg in that once in, you are submerged in significant economic red tape (a bit like the EU) and becoming independent is difficult.

The Empire rules by a enforced hierarchy, the Feds are ruled by corps and the Alliance rule by bureaucracy.

Its why I'm a cannibal pirate. If I don't like my ruling class I eat them.

I always thought that the Alliance was a group of systems that don't want to be part of either the Feds or the Imps. Alliance freedom is freedom to remain individual (sort of like a reverse Borg)- but at the same time it is a bit like the Borg in that once in, you are submerged in significant economic red tape (a bit like the EU) and becoming independent is difficult.

The Empire rules by a enforced hierarchy, the Feds are ruled by corps and the Alliance rule by bureaucracy.

No matter what you're coerced in some fashion - and it's not like the Alliance doesn't leverage the benefits from all that power it wields.

Top Bottom