Rudder trouble: Only on/off output from the pedals

Hi.
I've been having trouble with my Logitech flight rudder pedals in elite for a long time.
The middle rudder is working as intended, but pressing the pedals/toe switches only results in 0% or 100% output.
Would like to bind them to yaw or roll.

When I test it via "Game controllers" in Windows, i get analog output for all 3 axes,
Capture.PNG, but not in Elite.

(I have the latest version of the Logitech flight rudder software but i don't really understand what it's supposed to do, and haven't found any tutorials/instructions for it online.)

Any help will be greatly appreciated :)

Go into ED options/controls and make sure you’ve assigned the pedals to the yaw “axis” , not to the yaw “buttons “. There’s a place where you can assign left/right yaw to a button. If you set your yaw there it will be treated as a digital input (on/off). Make sure there is nothing assigned to those buttons. I’m way far away from my system right now or I’d include a screenshot of what I mean. If you’ve assigned yaw to the axis and not the buttons, it should work correctly. If you still have problems, let me know and I’ll see what else we can check on to get it working. Regards

I think @Dagga81 is referring to the toe-brake axes, not the main rudder axis which they say is working as intended.

I don't understand what you are looking to achieve @Dagga81 - do you want the toe-brake axes to give you a roll input? I don't know how you would get a mid-point for that as they are independent from each other - unless you assign them as digital inputs, not axes - would that work?

I think @Dagga81 is referring to the toe-brake axes, not the main rudder axis which they say is working as intended.

I don't understand what you are looking to achieve @Dagga81 - do you want the toe-brake axes to give you a roll input? I don't know how you would get a mid-point for that as they are independent from each other - unless you assign them as digital inputs, not axes - would that work?

Yes - For example: I would like to use the left toe brake for "roll left" and the right one for "roll right" - But if I understand you correctly, then Elite only supports digital inputs for this? Se screenshot with pretty drawings:
Capture.PNG

I was playing around with
Aussiedroid's Enhanced Thrustmaster Warthog Script https://forums.frontier.co.uk/threads/aussiedroids-enhanced-thrustmaster-warthog-script.293027/
And he uses this setup, but i guess you need to program this functionality via the Thrustmaster TARGET software which only works with the thrustmaster pedals....

Yes those are digital inputs but you can assign an axis to those. So highlight the box next to roll left then move your left toe-brake - that will assign that axis as a digital "on" condition. Do the same for the roll right and there you go. See if that works for you. (fingers crossed)

Your problem will be if the detection is too sensitive and you find yourself rolling as you move the rudder pedal for yaw - depends on your pedals and how you operate them I suppose.

You don't need to use TARGET - I just checked in my setup (all CH Pro, no control software or drivers) and I could assign axes to these digital bindings. Although I have to admit not actually testing them in game. If your axes are not giving a zero condition then maybe TARGET could be used to assign a threshold for an axis to "switch" a "virtual button" (or whatever TARGET calls it) and use that as your assignment. - I know nowt about that, sorry.

Last edited:
Yeah, i have no problem mapping the roll/yaw to the toe pedals, but the digital on/off behavior is way to imprecise to be useful.
But thank you for taking the time to answer - at least now i know why i couldn't get it to work the way i wanted :)

Yeah, i have no problem mapping the roll/yaw to the toe pedals, but the digital on/off behavior is way to imprecise to be useful.
But thank you for taking the time to answer - at least now i know why i couldn't get it to work the way i wanted :)

Can't TARGET be used to provide an output (a "virtual button") for a set value of an axis? I don't use anything like TARGET but in flight sims I use utilities that can do all sorts of smart stuff but those are specific to the user interfaces of each sim.

Top Bottom