SAG-AFTRA votes unanimously to expand its strike to include the games industry

rootsrat

Volunteer Moderator
Source: https://www.eurogamer.net/sag-aftra...pand-its-strike-to-include-the-games-industry

In a statement posted to its official website, the union confirmed its board had "voted unanimously" to "send a strike authorisation vote to SAG-AFTRA members" in interactive media ahead of its "forthcoming bargaining dates with video game companies
(...)
The companies involved in the negotiations include Activision, Disney, EA, Epic Games, Insomniac, Take 2, and Warner Bros.
(...)
SAG-AFTRA represents approximately 160,000 actors, announcers, broadcast journalists, dancers, DJs, news writers, news editors, program hosts, puppeteers, recording artists, singers, stunt performers, voiceover artists, and other media professionals across the US.

This is interesting development in this saga. Could seriously impact gaming industry, or at least parts of it.

Pfft! All the writers left Bioware a while ago. 😛 Anyway, this is just US games Co no? Unlike media there are more good games coming out of non-US than media.🤷‍♂️

This is interesting development in this saga. Could seriously impact gaming industry, or at least parts of it.

It has some bonus comedy to it this time, they want "protections against unrestrained use of artificial intelligence". So basically, "I'll not work until you agree to stop replacing me!" I don't think this ends well for them. All the hacks and moochers that can't write better than ChatGPT better have some marketable life skills like knowing how to change a tire.

Top Bottom