'Sandbox' Career

For lack of a better term.. I'd love a Career type mode where you start with a small amount of money like in the Challenge modes but then have the option to sell your entire park and start anew carrying over whatever research you had. I'm mainly thinking of the way Prison Architect did it. You'd start with say 10k, build a small minimum security prison, build the value up to 50-100k, sell it, then start a new one with that higher budget. Any thoughts, improvements, criticism welcome.

Thank you for the link. You have some great idea's on there. I like the warehouse, supply chain idea; needing to build and manage an electrical grid (i'd also add water pipes for shops, restrooms, and water rides); and the employee management improvements. I love the game, but there's a lot that can be much better

Thank you for the link. You have some great idea's on there. I like the warehouse, supply chain idea; needing to build and manage an electrical grid (i'd also add water pipes for shops, restrooms, and water rides); and the employee management improvements. I love the game, but there's a lot that can be much better

Thank you for the kind comments.

Aye, I was against services but actually in a basic form I could get behind having the water as well and again having a water engineer to also manage and train specific to that element. Then it work very similar to the electric grid system where it can cause issues in a similar vain. It could be that it affects your flume & rapids as the electric could already be the shops and general flat ride.

I feel each one just needs to add something specific otherwise they are really the same with a different name.

I am not sure the need to actually do a full grid system like Prison Architecture would be good and have it more freeform with just ride/shop quantity are how you know how many generators you need. Although proximity someone mentioned and it did make them think that you could have each themed area requiring a generator and water pump and thus you make small backstage areas to each themed zone.

Water and plumbing seems trite. it would only be needed for certain shops, and it would be a lot of underground work. A possible fire hazard could work as an interesting game mechanic, as Curlyriff mentioned in another thread, but again I think it would be too much work. An electricity requirement makes sense, all rides need power, and it doesnt have to require wires as that would be too much. Keep things simple but add a variety of requirements like training, breakrooms, and marketing teams

Top Bottom