Sandbox or Campaign/Scenario - Which Do You Prefer?

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
In RCT3 definitely sandbox (or the scenario editor in case of RCT3 :p ) and i go for that choice again.

I expect that Planet Coaster will have many great new systems in place to bring scenario's to a whole new level of awesomeness. I think my choice could change easily. The RCT3 scenario's weren't so special for me, because i missed the challenge mostly. I remember that it was sometimes more difficult, because of a difficult landscape. I never played them more than once. I know it isn't easy to balance out money, guests reactions and all that in a game that gives you complete freedom.

I prefer sandbox and I seem to go big or go home on my projects. I do like some scenarios and don't like others so once I've done them all, to unlock the coasters, I'm done and on to creating the largest, best, most awesome Park yet [big grin]

I agree with you. Multiplayer could be nice, but at the moment I'm way more interested on the Singleplayer factor.
About the gamemode... Well, I play with the Scenario Editor... So I have more freedom than the sandbox mode (Can set the park size, changing the entrance, etc.) and then eventually transfor the sandbox park.. into a scenario!

Yes something I forgot to include in my initial post (The Scenario Editor) where you can create your own scenario and choose the size of your park and entrances. I think on the whole there have been some good responses and it's nice to know how others prefer to play. Keep the posts coming, I'm sure there are lots of you out there who haven't commented yet, but may have just read only and not said anything. I'm sure this helps to give the developers of the new Planet Coaster game to see what needs to be done with the new game. I expect that we will still get the Scenario Editor, the Campaign Mode and the Sandbox just like we all like, but with some added touches to make the game better than ever.

In Planet Coaster, I think that sandbox and scenario mode will compliment eachother. When I can't come up with ideas, I play scenario mode because it tells me a theme to go by and build my park in. If I want to think outside the box and build the most awesome park I can think of, I'll play sandbox mode. Sandbox mode is a must in planet coaster for 2 reasons.
1. Too many players play sandbox mode (like me!!!) to take it out of the game.
2. Since sharing and saving stuff is in the game, sandbox mode will be great for making your own preset coasters and scenery to use in scenario mode or in later parks in sandbox mode.
Even though some people think that sandbox mode isn't good because there is no challenge, we have to remember that this a theme park game and making whatever you want whenever you want to make it is part of the fun of the game.

In Planet Coaster, I think that sandbox and scenario mode will compliment eachother. When I can't come up with ideas, I play scenario mode because it tells me a theme to go by and build my park in. If I want to think outside the box and build the most awesome park I can think of, I'll play sandbox mode. Sandbox mode is a must in planet coaster for 2 reasons.
1. Too many players play sandbox mode (like me!!!) to take it out of the game.
2. Since sharing and saving stuff is in the game, sandbox mode will be great for making your own preset coasters and scenery to use in scenario mode or in later parks in sandbox mode.
Even though some people think that sandbox mode isn't good because there is no challenge, we have to remember that this a theme park game and making whatever you want whenever you want to make it is part of the fun of the game.

Very much like myself Lettuce! [yesnod] That is the beauty of RCT3, there is something for everyone, whether you just want to play scenarios, or go wild in the Sandbox, building new parks or designing new coasters. Regarding coasters, my favourites are the old woodies, maybe because when I was young, there were no steel coasters around. Most funfairs or Amusement Parks had a wooden coaster, with Blackpool being the best, which had four, including the Grand National, the only duelling coaster in the UK and still running today (it was built around 1926).

Another good reason for having the Scenario Editor and Sandbox, is that you can share your creations with others by uploading them for others to download, I have got quite a lot of scenarios and parks in my files that I have never got round to playing yet, so there is always something new to play with.
I think the Sandbox Mode will be here to stay with Planet Coaster, because it is so popular with a lot of people.

I enjoy the scenarios.. I need a purpose! However, a sandbox for experimenting and testing. Hoping there is a scenario editor too

As It is being done by Frontier, I think we will get all the modes that RCT3 has, but obviously much better and improved. But for a ten year old game, RCT3 still gets used by me. You can still get downloads of Parks/Scenarios and custom scenery to add to it, from Roller Coaster Grotto, even after all this time. [yesnod]

I find myself playing Sandbox mode more, but it's nothing like completing the tasks in Campaign/Scenario mode. I loved the way the crowd applauded in RCT1 and RCT2 lol. It's been so long since I've played RCT3 in Campaign/Scenario mode, I forgot if they do it on there too.

Like a few here have said, I enjoy both sandbox and scenario for their own reasons. Scenarios are good for when I want a challenge to see if I could actually operate a park and manage the resources available for use, whereas sandbox lets my creativity go wild and give me the possibility to inspect most every detail that goes into making the park massive, well themed, and just crazy fun.

Like my latest Waterfall Avatar from RCT3, I like creating landscapes in Sandbox mode, then making a coaster to ride through the landscape.

I think I played perhaps one...maybe two, of the scenarios in RCT3. Otherwise it's always been sandbox, or more precisely, the Scenario Editor where I build, with the game paused most of the time. I fully support scenario players having a full catalog of scenarios to play, I just want my sandbox to create in.

To me, the most fun would be the Scenario Editor where you can start in sandbox and set starting cash and everything, then start the Scenario as normal.

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom