Sapyx's ED7K Project is underway

Results for Sector 2, L-class stars:

Systems surveyed: 200
Stars within systems surveyed: 320 (average number of stars per system: 1.6)
Systems with no planets, only other stars: 38 (19%)
"Colonizable" systems: 3 (1.5%)
"Life-bearing" systems: 2 (1%)
Total number of planets found: 1718
Number of ELWs discovered: 0
Number of TFCs discovered: 3
Number of Ammonia Worlds discovered: 0
Number of Water Worlds (all types): 2
Number of systems previous explored by other CMDRs: 0

Observations: these L-type stars were even less interesting than the one sin Thraikoo. Although a larger number of planets overall were found, fewer gas giants and HMCs were found - meaning that the vast majority of the planets and moons were iceballs. If it weren;t for that one star system with binary waterworlds, I wouldn't have found any waterworlds at all.

Since this sector is a "lower" sector, it contained a lsice of the Galactic Brown Dwarf Disc, and I took full advnatage of this, taking two transects through the disc. Disc L-class stars are all a-mass-code, which means that this time, I have a large number of a-mass-code stars in the data set: 46 out of the 200 are code-a. Anecdotally, the a-code ones seemed to be slightly more likely to have justa strong of airless iceballs, but I don;t think this is strong enough to push the data significantly.

Surprise of the trip: a single, lonely ammonia-life gas giant, the only ammonia-based life found in an L-clas so far in this project. You know things are pretty boring when a GGABL is an object of interest.

Thanks for continuing this!
A question: how many of the stars you visited were Vz? I'm asking because, as I mentioned earlier, they have different systems (much "worse"), and B stars tend to have plenty of B0 Vz-s. I imagine you didn't filter them out by hand, so it would be good to know how many you came across on your way, via the plotter. The journals record them now.

No, the only filtering was using the star class filter. Is ther ean easy way to extract the counts from the journals? CLicking on each star in either the EDSM flight log or the in-game visited stars filter is going to be a pain.

Let's see... You'll want to search for this part:
"Luminosity":"Vz"
and maybe also
"StarType":"B"
unless you only went through class B systems for a while.

I assume you don't have access to Unix commands, but if you do, I'd recommend them. On Windows, just using EDJP's journal merging feature will give you one file to parse, and then you can use any text editor to count the above.

Top Bottom