Save Ship Loadouts - collection of request threads

As some CMs are commenting more frequently in this part of the forum lately, I am just wondering if this topic has been at least recognised.

I know, unlikely to ever get implemented and currently there are more important things than QoL stuff, but I think this thread at least shows that the topic "Ship Loadouts" is raised by many different CMDRs on a regular basis.

It is very difficult to constantly change equipment for different purposes. Please do something about this. While bounty hunting, I want to go and carry passengers or cargo with one click. It shouldn't be this hard

It is very difficult to constantly change equipment for different purposes. Please do something about this. While bounty hunting, I want to go and carry passengers or cargo with one click. It shouldn't be this hard
Just buy another ship than. Changing takes one click ¯\(ツ)
I have myself 3 different Pythons for this. One is multipurpose and mission running, one for mining and another for pure bulk cargo to outposts (cargoracks cam be changed to passenger cabins).

That's why we have Fleet Carriers....to have a Fleet =D

I have myself 3 different Pythons for this. One is multipurpose and mission running, one for mining and another for pure bulk cargo to outposts (cargoracks cam be changed to passenger cabins).

Not everyone is happy with Engineers gameplay, and your suggestion involves to engineer several identical modules, when I actually need only one. So I don't think it's a good idea.

Is this a solution man ? I don't want to do engineering to every item that I have. Also there are new player in this game .

Is this a solution man ? I don't want to do engineering to every item that I have. Also there are new player in this game .
I don't have the space to engineer much more and I think it's a joke we have to buy ships to use as storage space, surely ships + items is more data than just items.

I don't have the space to engineer much more and I think it's a joke we have to buy ships to use as storage space, surely ships + items is more data than just items.
Not everyone is happy with Engineers gameplay, and your suggestion involves to engineer several identical modules, when I actually need only one. So I don't think it's a good idea.
Exactly. The argument " buy another ship" was raised a couple of times, I even included the answer to it in the OP.

I think this workaround is no excuse to keep a tedious and slow system in place. And what was stated above. Getting lvl 5 engineering materials is a grind anyway, you don't necessarily want to do that twice or thrice for every module.

This feature is already included in the game, why not improve it to save the players some time? This is not about making the game easier, it is just about a QoL improvement.

@sallymorganmoore Hej Sally, sorry for the ping, but I was just wondering if that topic has been recognised by anyone at FDev. The thread is now 3,5 years old and I think the OP shows quite well that there is a regular interest in this feature from many different CMDRs and also over a long time span.

I am aware that there are more important topics than QoL stuff right now. But it would be nice to know if this was internally discussed and dismissed or whether there is still a chance of implementation one day. In case of the former I could stop hoping for implementation and stop posting additional requests here ;)

Been suggested at least twice in this forum in the last 2 weeks.
Up to 30 at least.
Edit - Could only find mine but i saw another one posted after that, may not have been in the suggestions forum.

Last edited:
Been suggested at least twice in this forum in the last 2 weeks.
Up to 30 at least.
Edit - Could only find mine but i saw another one posted after that, may not have been in the suggestions forum.
Thanks for sharing, added.

Tbh I have given up hope that they will do anything about it (this thread is nearly four years old and has 8k views), but who knows. Can't hurt to continue pointing towards the regular interest in this feature. Wondering if one suggestion in this sub forum was ever implemented or if a dev or CM does even look at some suggestions here from time to time.

Last edited:
There are a few good QOL suggestions ive seen that would enhance the game without changing the gameplay, idk, limited time/resouce restrictions maybe, would be good to see this one added.

Top Bottom