Save your crew when you die

As per title, the punishment of losing an elite pilot crew when you die is just too harsh. Yes it is true that you can inactivate them to avoid that, but what's good an inactive pilot can do when I do have an SLF hangar?
Yes, you might also lose your ship if you don't have the rebuy, but for crew, there is no way to prevent their death when you die if you actually use them. I would really like FDev to add a way to rescue your crew, say to pay a premium fee, or even reduce their rank by 1 or something if you must in order to "convey" the "significance" of a player death. But as of now, it is just too harsh that you MUST lose your active crew with no ways to avoid that. More so because the time needed to train an NPC crew to elite is much longer than to recover the cost of a rebuy.

It is really frustrating when I lose my elite pilot only 2 hours after I finish training her while on my way back to founder world, only to get caught in a white drawf with no hope to escape but to die.

Not only that...but can we PLEASE GET A SELECTION OF PILOTS TO CHOOSE FROM IN EACH CATEGORY???

I know, I'm an odd duck, but I really like having hot looking women as fighter pilots in my ships (Not that the artistry really has many...even remotely attractive females in the game...in fact, the males are usually much better looking...not judging, FDEV...totally not judging here...just pointing out an observation.).

And yeah yeah, I'm sexist because I want to employ women and I'm a male pig because I like attractive things. Moving on.

I have to PURCHASE contracts, fill up my pilot slots, and then terminate all of them, rinse and repeat, until I find the one or two MILDLY attractive models there are in the game.

Now, imagine doing ALL OF THAT, getting them up to Elite...and THEN losing them...it's an investment of sometimes HUNDREDS of thousands or MILLIONS of credits, depending on how RNGeezus is treating me that day, just for that one pilot.

I whole-heartedly agree.

Not only that...but can we PLEASE GET A SELECTION OF PILOTS TO CHOOSE FROM IN EACH CATEGORY???

I know, I'm an odd duck, but I really like having hot looking women as fighter pilots in my ships (Not that the artistry really has many...even remotely attractive females in the game...in fact, the males are usually much better looking...not judging, FDEV...totally not judging here...just pointing out an observation.).

And yeah yeah, I'm sexist because I want to employ women and I'm a male pig because I like attractive things. Moving on.

I have to PURCHASE contracts, fill up my pilot slots, and then terminate all of them, rinse and repeat, until I find the one or two MILDLY attractive models there are in the game.

Now, imagine doing ALL OF THAT, getting them up to Elite...and THEN losing them...it's an investment of sometimes HUNDREDS of thousands or MILLIONS of credits, depending on how RNGeezus is treating me that day, just for that one pilot.

I whole-heartedly agree.
Unless there are substantive differences between pilots, it doesn't make sense to offer more than one per rank. Shallow chauvinist pigs can cycle through them at a cost if they want - FDev should not devote a single second of precious dev time to enabling something so asinine. You can spend a few thousand credits hiring and firing until you get crew you like, I did.

Definitely agree with OP that fighter crew shouldn't irrecoverably die when ships die.

Otoh, substantive differences between pilots would be really, really cool. That would be an awesome feature FDev.

Unless there are substantive differences between pilots, it doesn't make sense to offer more than one per rank. Shallow chauvinist pigs can cycle through them at a cost if they want - FDev should not devote a single second of precious dev time to enabling something so asinine. You can spend a few thousand credits hiring and firing until you get crew you like, I did.

Definitely agree with OP that fighter crew shouldn't irrecoverably die when ships die.

Otoh, substantive differences between pilots would be really, really cool. That would be an awesome feature FDev.

Meaning they'd have different skillsets or something along those lines?

And we chauvinist pigs prefer "ooglers of fine booty" thank you very much.

I would say (have the game) add lifepods. There are already search and rescue missions in the game, let em go find your crew (if still alive).

They should be a charge at rebuy screen to "retain" the pilot, which scales based on skill, but the ball ache of training a pilot up from harmless to Deadly really is painful.

NPCs are people to.

I tend to assume that they don't die with the ship -- at least no more than the Commander -- and use escape pods to get away (if you belive that escape pods are not just a publicity gimmick).

However their contract with you is terminated if they ship they are assigned to goes down.

So, when we get persistent NPCs, you may bump into them in some crew lounge and be able to hire them again - at their current skill level. Or maybe get their own ships and cross paths in the deep dark...

In my understanding, the NPCs are already a "tele-presence"... makes no sense to have them killed/destroyed with the ship.

Fully agree with OP. So much so, that I don't use fighters in Live, only in beta. As for the lack of selection, maybe just a male and female per rank, then let us customize appearance like Holo-Me?

I whole-heartedly agree.

I'm with you, I have three relatively attractive female pilots, (By ED artistry standards), wish I could change their accents though :D

NPCs are people to.

I tend to assume that they don't die with the ship -- at least no more than the Commander -- and use escape pods to get away (if you belive that escape pods are not just a publicity gimmick).

However their contract with you is terminated if they ship they are assigned to goes down.

That makes sense ... employers ship is destroyed and they bail in an escape pod: contract considered void. Could add an option to the rebuy for “rehire crew - danger bonus required!” which restores the same crew you had before, for a “danger” fee since it’s clearly not a safe gig!

i'm with keeping the crew too, i recently lost a fine rack of a lady called Divine Hopkins, God bless her curvaceous cotton socks, earn't 65M credits doing nothing and she didn't get to spend it. R.I.P. Divine, The void hopefully has a place to rest your rich sorrow'd sole.

Top Bottom