Scan resistant passenger cabins

It would be nice to have scan resistant passenger cabins. either as a tech broker or engineering upgrade. because in my experience when you leave a station or return to dock I always get scanned by npcs making it next to impossible to complete passenger missions where the passenger does not like to be scanned. I have tried running silent but it just seems to not work. I feel by making this a tech broker or engineering upgrade even if in order to get plans or materials something you have to grind for it would be a good reward for doing so.

Why bother with scanning? It's just another smuggling-mission. Run cold and fast and you won't be scanned. Also keep your painting of your ship in order. I, personally, suspect, that you'll be scanned more often when your ship looks like a Demolition-Derby-Car.

It would be nice to have scan resistant passenger cabins. either as a tech broker or engineering upgrade. because in my experience when you leave a station or return to dock I always get scanned by npcs making it next to impossible to complete passenger missions where the passenger does not like to be scanned. I have tried running silent but it just seems to not work. I feel by making this a tech broker or engineering upgrade even if in order to get plans or materials something you have to grind for it would be a good reward for doing so.

I've done a load of passenger missions for my shiny new Corvette over the last week and got scanned once when I got distracted (squirrel!)

You willing to talk about what you're doing before you get scanned, see if there's any suggestions?
Eg. Most ships should be more than quick enough to dock without a scan and there are ways to make a fast docking easier.

Also keep your painting of your ship in order. I, personally, suspect, that you'll be scanned more often when your ship looks like a Demolition-Derby-Car.
The devs talked about this but I don't know if they ever implemented it.

Last edited:
You willing to talk about what you're doing before you get scanned, see if there's any suggestions?
Eg. Most ships should be more than quick enough to dock without a scan and there are ways to make a fast docking easier.
If I don't want to be scanned, I choose a ship with lesser heat generation e.g. Low Emission pp, clean drives, etc. Upon Dropout I'll face the station-entry. As soon as I dropped out, i choose a distance of about 10km in front of the station and disable all not needed modules to lower my emissions even further (incl. distributor). Waiting till the ship has cooled down. Now it depends on your ship...In large ships full throttle, in small ships boost. Request docking and go into Silent-Mode. As soon as you passed the slot, throw the anchor. Full reverse and deploy gear that's it. Works 99% of the time.

A passenger resistant pilot is what is needed :) If you take on passengers that do not want to be scanned, boost into the station while silent running. If you are fast enough, the scan will be initiated, but never finished. If your passengers also wet themselves when you take damage, don't take them on (or work on your aim).

You can make it as hard for yourself as you want. No xtra help needed imo.

Last edited:
You really don't want to make things too easy for yourself. The fun will evaporate instantly. You just gotta be sneakier

This. Doing passenger missions with wanted clients teaches you how to enter and exit stations without being scanned ( silent running / heat sinks ).

There is really no need to take away this skill.

Top Bottom