Scanning a Nav Beacon will permanently reveal and identify any unexplored destinations within the same system, including planets and stations...

No, I'm not kidding...

I am used to stopping at my previously not visited system's Nav Beacon (and scanning it ! ) when hunting for High Grade U.S.S, reducing time to complete system map without use of the F.S.S. and great for having a complete list of the system's U.S.S. after returning to supercruise!
But this is not the case anymore for me... Same for you all? That's the question :rolleyes:

Are you using the new dedicated Nav beacon scanner?

Seriously ?

If your scans of nav beacon dont act like this and display the hole system contents the next time you jump into super cruse after the scan...
Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TwKgI5hwwsE
Then use the Xbox pvr function to record it and create a ticket and add the Video url to it...
Still works as it should on other platorms...

Then you need to get at least 10 friends to confirm it or likely NOTHING will bet done as its not a PC game fault so with out those other ten friends fat chance of you getting the bug fixed...

Last edited:
If your scans of nav beacon dont act like this and display the hole system contents the next time you jump into super cruse after the scan...
Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TwKgI5hwwsE
Then use the Xbox pvr function to record it and create a ticket and add the Video url to it...
Still works as it should on other platorms...

Then you need to get at least 10 friends to confirm it or likely NOTHING will bet done as its not a PC game fault so with out those other ten friends fat chance of you getting the bug fixed...
Thanks for the advice!
Unfortunately, gamerdvr.com is broken for me since March 2021 and all my videos or screenshots taken and uploaded with my Xbox are unable to transfer now.

For clarification, the left navigation panel resolution is not the important part for me.
But be forced to manually FSS all the system bodies ( I want the 100% discovered system map and 100% system scan complete at the F.S.S screen display in all my "bubble" visited systems ), even after stopping, targetting and scanning the Nav Beacon manually then returning to supercruise...

Last edited:
It never happened that way.

THe only ways you can "explore" a planet is by FSS or by Fly-By

Scanning the nav beacon will reveal stuff in the system, but will not mark planets as explored
Really?

I was pretty sure about that "trick" but thank you for the rectification.

Damn, I'm getting old...

Edit from the past for the future, a Wiki Fandom source :

"Prior to Elite Dangerous: Beyond Chapter Four (3.3), Nav Beacons were an alternative means for pilots to uncover inhabited system data without needing to set aside an internal compartment for a Discovery Scanner. Since 3.3 converted the Discovery Scanner into an integrated function within all ships, the original purpose of Nav Beacons was rendered obsolete."

o7 CMDRS

Last edited:
Top Bottom