Scavengers! Demand Recognition! Bomb Wolf 397!

*rp hat on*

Xeno Scavengers,

If you've been helping out the recent CGs to develop anti-Thargoid weaponry, you'll know the pay is abysmal, and the recognition for your efforts non-existent.

While you put your life on the line squaring off against the Thargoid menace to get tissue samples and facing a hefty repair bill in the process, Joe Hauler in his unarmed cutter goes down the local corner store and fetches a bottle of milk.

And when you limp back over 400LY to Wolf 397 with a couple tonnes of samples in your cargohold, you get told by the Wolf 397 Independents "Really? That's all you have? Ol' Joe here has just brought 600t of Tantalum, what've you been doing to bring back 6t of Thargoid samples in the same time?"

The haulers never leave the safety of the bubble, never travel more than 100LY, but get all the praise and all the rewards.

So send a message using the thing you're good at. Ship Thargoid Sensors (formerly Unknown Artefacts) to Chelbin Service Station and disrupt the station's systems, and any future stations involved with the AEGIS weapon development program, til you get the recognition you deserve. Black Market operators are ready to pay 260,000cr per tonne of Thargoid Sensor you bring in.. that's almost 20 times the paltry 14,000cr you'd get facing off a Thargoid to get a tissue sample, and easily outstrips the weak reward you'll get for taking those samples to the AEGIS development efforts.

"Really? Do you hate humanity that much?"

Bear in mind, the station will still be able to receive contributions for the CG, they'll just be too preoccupied with the station to pay the premium on relevant goods. It will mostly be a symbolic activity, but with all the interest of getting these goods, and all the risks that go with it operating in the Pleiades, and way better rewards than AEGIS is offering to those literally putting themselves in the line of fire for this cause.

Where to find Thargoid Sensors?
- Any Threat 4 Anomolous Signals in systems 135-150LY away from Merope
- Some Threat 5 Non-human Signal Sources in the Pleiades. You will need to tangle with Thargoids for this.
- Alien shipwrecks in the following locations

Need help getting your ship ready for hauling these goods and the 400LY trip back to Wolf 397? Check here for more info.

Demand equal recognition for equal effort!

*rp hat on*

Xeno Scavengers,

If you've been helping out the recent CGs to develop anti-Thargoid weaponry, you'll know the pay is abysmal, and the recognition for your efforts non-existent.

While you put your life on the line squaring off against the Thargoid menace to get tissue samples and facing a hefty repair bill in the process, Joe Hauler in his unarmed cutter goes down the local corner store and fetches a bottle of milk.

And when you limp back over 400LY to Wolf 397 with a couple tonnes of samples in your cargohold, you get told by the Wolf 397 Independents "Really? That's all you have? Ol' Joe here has just brought 600t of Tantalum, what've you been doing to bring back 6t of Thargoid samples in the same time?"

The haulers never leave the safety of the bubble, never travel more than 100LY, but get all the praise and all the rewards.

So send a message using the thing you're good at. Ship Thargoid Sensors (formerly Unknown Artefacts) to Chelbin Service Station and disrupt the station's systems, and any future stations involved with the AEGIS weapon development program, til you get the recognition you deserve. Black Market operators are ready to pay 260,000cr per tonne of Thargoid Sensor you bring in.. that's almost 20 times the paltry 14,000cr you'd get facing off a Thargoid to get a tissue sample, and easily outstrips the weak reward you'll get for taking those samples to the AEGIS development efforts.

"Really? Do you hate humanity that much?"

Bear in mind, the station will still be able to receive contributions for the CG, they'll just be too preoccupied with the station to pay the premium on relevant goods. It will mostly be a symbolic activity, but with all the interest of getting these goods, and all the risks that go with it operating in the Pleiades, and way better rewards than AEGIS is offering to those literally putting themselves in the line of fire for this cause.

Where to find Thargoid Sensors?
- Any Threat 4 Anomolous Signals in systems 135-150LY away from Merope
- Some Threat 5 Non-human Signal Sources in the Pleiades. You will need to tangle with Thargoids for this.
- Alien shipwrecks in the following locations

Need help getting your ship ready for hauling these goods and the 400LY trip back to Wolf 397? Check here for more info.

Demand equal recognition for equal effort!
On a related note, meta-alloys can be found at barnacle sites across the Pleiades and in non-human signal sources.

You have my sympathy. Aegis is very mistaken if they don't reward the efforts of us Thargoid Cyclops Tissue Hunters.

We might have to form a trade union if Aegis won't recognice our work.

I totally Agree with you. I shipped over 40t of Unknown tech during engineers to find out you could literally go to Merope and fill cargo bays full of resonating separators, I did this instead as there is absolutely no recognition for effort (1 Unknown unit should count for 10-100 standard units (by value, not by weight obviously ;) ) ) so those who go the extra mile get rewards that help out our community!

However, this is not an excuse to resort to terrorism my friend. If you attempt to do so you will be met with lethal force by Me and many other CMDR's doing their part. co-operate, don't destroy it for the community. :)

Or:

You can do what I do, fill up a cargo hold with Lavian Brandy, Leestian Evil Juice, whatever other rare commodities you can scrape together from around the Lave Cluster (there's 6 of them), and while you're at it any of the other Winged Hussar CG items between Lave and HIP 110028, then sell them off and make a couple million each trip while you're waiting for your CG rewards to come in.

You know, instead of saying "If I can't be happy ain't nobody gonna be happy" and screwing up someone else's gameplay.

Last edited:
Or:

You can do what I do, fill up a cargo hold with Lavian Brandy, Leestian Evil Juice, whatever other rare commodities you can scrape together from around the Lave Cluster (there's 6 of them), and while you're at it any of the other Winged Hussar CG items between Lave and HIP 110028, then sell them off and make a couple million each trip while you're waiting for your CG rewards to come in.

You know, instead of saying "If I can't be happy ain't nobody gonna be happy" and screwing up someone else's gameplay.

+rep o7

cheers for that little hint!

Btw. Lavian Brandy isn't Brandy...it is by definition whisky (unless they edited the description) :D

Last edited:
Reward is not necessarily measured in credits. Imagine that kind of attitude when people help victims of catastrophes here on Earth. Helping is all about helping, nothing else.

that's moreso what I was leaning to, If 1 Unknown commodity was worth 100 in CG contribution I'd still do it. I care very little for credit value, the items we get as a community are worth more than credits can buy ;)

Reward is not necessarily measured in credits. Imagine that kind of attitude when people help victims of catastrophes here on Earth. Helping is all about helping, nothing else.

that's moreso what I was leaning to, If 1 Unknown commodity was worth 100 in CG contribution I'd still do it. I care very little for credit value, the items we get as a community are worth more than credits can buy ;)

Exactly.

This is not about credits. This is about the hour spent getting 10t of thargoid tissue samples and being recognised as contributing 10t of commodities when in the same, a comparably risk free trade run can contribute over 2000t of effort to the cg.

And if fun is the game here, getting these TS collected and shipped is far more fun than getting hit with the wet fishslap that stands as the end result of contributing tissue samples to the cg.

Last edited:
I agree, these alien thingys should be worth a lot more for the effort folk have to go to to get them. Heck, Alien artifacts (aka Thargons) were some of the most expensive cargo you could carry in the original Elite. Hey! Here is a thing, what would one of those swarmers be worth if you could capture one?

I hope that you are not using any equipment developed by Aegis. Otherwise you would agitate against something you use for your advantage.

Suggesting to UA (TS?) bombing a facility that is important for the development of anti-Thargoid weapons just because you don't get the recognition you think you deserve is extremely selfish and short sighted.
You are willing to put millions if not trillions of human lives in danger just because you think your work is more important than anything else. You should be ashamed for yourself.

(Non-RP:
I agree, the way the CGs are made are bad. I don't know if FD can make thargoid items count more, would be a good idea, but maybe it simply doesn't work. Maybe two CGs - one for the mass production with common commodities and one for research with only thargoid items and a very, very low tier requirements making sure that it will succeed?)

Suggesting to UA (TS?) bombing a facility that is important for the development of anti-Thargoid weapons just because you don't get the recognition you think you deserve is extremely selfish and short sighted.
You are willing to put millions if not trillions of human lives in danger just because you think your work is more important than anything else. You should be ashamed for yourself.

A TS bombing won't stop people's ability to contribute to the CG; The markets will remain open for the sales of meta-alloys, but materials for the CGs won't attract the premiums they otherwise would. Should give people a taste of the lived life of the xeno salvagers, who face the Thargoids every day. If this action makes Aegis' efforts fail, it will not be through the actions of those bombing the station, but the greed of those who abandon the effort for reduced profits.

*rp hat off*
TS bombing indeed doesn't shut down the markets, and I know it does screw with prices. However, I'm not sure if it'd affect the inflated market prices for CG goods (i.e how everything is hard-set to 999,999 demand). That's something the CG causes, and so TS bombing may have no effect on this. It's the sentiment that counts ;)

I agree! I consider this one of the biggest flaws of the CG-system - possibly the whole game! Cannot believe it's not been adressed before...

It's like Palin all over again, where members of Canonn deliberately tried to sabotage CGs to prevent Palin from completing his research. It'd be a pity for a Nevermore 2.0 with the Gnosis and several Thargoids. ;)

It's almost as if Canonn has really been working with INRA all along.

It's like Palin all over again, where members of Canonn deliberately tried to sabotage CGs to prevent Palin from completing his research. It'd be a pity for a Nevermore 2.0 with the Gnosis and several Thargoids. ;)

>.>

<.<

... I don't see any Canonn members endorsing this?

This isn't a Canonn operation.

Top Bottom