Scenario Editor Land Shapes and Purchasing Property

breezerHOG, congratulations with the scenario editor! I knew you would it when I first heard about it :D

it really does feel like the biggest addition to the game!!! even if they announce a water park or safari expansion, the scenario editor is still the biggest feature to me!!! the community will make great stuff with it [cool][up]

Last edited:

Joël

Volunteer Moderator
it really does feel like the biggest addition to the game!!! even if they announce a water park or safari expansion, the scenario editor is still the biggest feature to me!!! the community will make great stuff with it [cool][up]

The community sure will! The excitement of the public at Frontier Expo was very good when they saw the scenario editor for the first time! :D

Joël

Volunteer Moderator
Any news about this??

Not that I know of. The thing that comes to my mind now is that the devs have said that they use the same system for creating the scenarios that are already in game. It seems like the tools were already in the developer build of the game, but are now coming to the public build with the Anniversary Update. Frontier made a nice looking UI for this occasion.

That leaves the question about purchasing property and shaping land unanswered for now.

I was hoping for an ocean biome, and thought maybe if the devs were secretly working on that, then maybe they could change the way park borders work [up] schematics talked about the ocean biome and made it sound like a possibility for the future

Last edited:

Joël

Volunteer Moderator
I was hoping for an ocean biome, and thought maybe if the devs were secretly working on that, then maybe they could change the way park borders work [up] schematics talked about the ocean biome and made it sound like a possibility for the future

An ocean biome would be cool to have! Beaches, a pier (with or without a park on it) and the sound of seagulls in the background. :D

Another great biome would be a river or a dam. :)

Ocean biome has to be the simplest one they could do. It's just one giant water plane with an island in the play area. I loved that scenario in RCT3 where you were island hopping. An island/resort style park would look really cool!

Last edited:
As mentioned in another thread I don't think that buying land would add to management. (Don't own land, wait for money coming in, buying land). But I understand that it important to others. I personally found it annoying to buy land in RCT but who cares, in PC I can wait until money is there and buy it, like in RCT.[big grin]

Breezer, please don't get me wrong. I don't have anything against this coming to PC at all. For me personally it was annoying but not destroying the game so it doesn't matter to me if it is in PC or not. [big grin]

I agree that it would be interesting to have maps that aren't only squares but have different shapes. But then the not owned landmass should have a town or something so there is a reason why we can't own this land and build there. this on the other hand would get hard on CPU. It would be interesting to have two parks on one map with expensive, not owned land in the middle, so you have to optimise thosse two parks to be able to connect them while buying th land. I would try it in one scenario as it wouldn't be fun to me. But to others. Another thing what could be interesting would be, if you own the land but are restricted to build there up to a special height or something like that. If you mean all that by "buying land", then I agree that it could add to management.[big grin]

By the way, I think that buying land will come to PC in the coming update. If not, it probably will come later.. I have no doubt that it wouldn't come.[big grin]

Breezer, one more thing. And that is really something which I don't understand. I am okay with buying land coming to the game but what does it add to management. Your argument in the other thread was that buying land would add more to management than the other thing discussed in the thread. You later explained that buying land is so important for you because you want to rebuild RCT parks. So again, what does it have to do with management?[rolleyes] If it was, what I described a couple of lines above, I understand.

By the way, I really hope we can shape our own maps and I really hope for an ocean or beach biome/starter map, too [big grin]

I don't think that buying land would add to management. (Don't own land, wait for money coming in, buying land).
Other people have said that to, obviously the "waiting for money" is pretty much how this game works, everything is just about "waiting for money" want more rides? just wait for money, want more scenery? just wait for money... if you want to discuss how or why the financial system in the game is lacking, that is something I would love to discuss further in detail, but it is quite complicated as it includes many aspects of the game from research to prestige and aging, etc...

I agree that it would be interesting to have maps that aren't only squares but have different shapes.
Exactly, that is what this thread is about: having unique shapes to our parks, because that creates more depth in how you design and layout your park. Large open square parks make some people bored, as some people enjoy having a park that is a little bit laid out already, with just hills or cliffs or trees etc. But also it makes it more interesting to say "how do I fill this oddly shaped area" or "what can I fit in this little chunk of land"

But then the not owned landmass should have a town or something so there is a reason why we can't own this land and build there. this on the other hand would get hard on CPU.
this is something many people want, and will hopefully be included with the scenario editor

It would be interesting to have two parks on one map with expensive, not owned land in the middle, so you have to optimise thosse two parks to be able to connect them while buying th land. I would try it in one scenario as it wouldn't be fun to me.
this is a different idea, competition has been discussed in other threads, and it seems that it would be difficult on the CPU. Although, I do like the idea, and my favorite scenario in the game is Golem's Rampage (it has a monorail and is broken up into 4 areas) I would like to see more stuff like that [up]

if you own the land but are restricted to build there up to a special height or something like that. If you mean all that by "buying land", then I agree that it could add to management.[big grin]
this again, is part of why I created this thread, and you are confusing me with the "doesnt add to manage" or "does add to management"... [tongue]

I am okay with buying land coming to the game but what does it add to management. Your argument in the other thread was that buying land would add more to management than the other thing discussed in the thread. You later explained that buying land is so important for you because you want to rebuild RCT parks. So again, what does it have to do with management?[rolleyes] If it was, what I described a couple of lines above, I understand.
Not sure what you're missing. You agreed that land restrictions adds to management, and I understand why you would disagree that "waiting for money to buy land" is not management, thats fine if thats your opinion, but to me (like I said) its more about having the unique shapes (like in Classic RCT) because it just makes things feel more like a puzzle, not all players want to just work on a blank square piece of land to start with

By the way, I really hope we can shape our own maps and I really hope for an ocean or beach biome/starter map, too [big grin]
exactly the point of this thread

By the way, I think that buying land will come to PC in the coming update. If not, it probably will come later.. I have no doubt that it wouldn't come.[big grin]
well, I thought that last year during alpha, hopefully well see in a couple weeks [up]

Last edited:
I guess we weren't of much of a different opinion at all. [big grin] Well, writing in the internet and trying to interpret the phases and letters [big grin]

The problem I had (just for explanation) was that you said buying land (and you wrote only about that, not further biomes etc.) would add MORE to management as the other thing in the other thread. There I disagree. Both would add to management. If it would be fun or annoying is another question though[big grin]

Last edited:
I guess we weren't of much of a different opinion at all. [big grin] Well, writing in the internet and trying to interpret the phases and letters [big grin]

Yea I know [up] thats why I put the videos, to show how unique the classic games level design was

Breezer, please don't get me wrong. I don't have anything against this coming to PC at all. For me personally it was annoying but not destroying the game so it doesn't matter to me if it is in PC or not. [big grin]

Well if this feature were implemented, it wouldnt change our old parks, we would still be able to have the same old large squares if you prefer

Last edited:
Wouldn't count on it.

From the looks of it it's just giving the player the ability to balance stuff themselves. Which is a step in the right direction.

Do not quote me on this but I vaguely remember hearing AndyC talking about the ability to modify the whole map, and stuff outside the dotted lines. I can’t remebe if he spoke on this at the Expo or he made a post comment about it.

Do not quote me on this but I vaguely remember hearing AndyC talking about the ability to modify the whole map, and stuff outside the dotted lines. I can’t remebe if he spoke on this at the Expo or he made a post comment about it.

Ok that sounds interesting. Hope to hear more about it if it's true.

Top Bottom