Scenario Editor Livestream TONIGHT

Bo Marit

Lead Community Manager
Frontier
Hi coaster friends!

Just wanted to reiterate that we have a special livestream for you tonight!

I'll be joined by Lead Programmer Andrew Chappell and Gameplay Programmer Bradley Pollard as we take a first ever in-game look at the Scenario Editor! We'll be building a custom scenario and showing you all that you can do with this amazing new tool coming to 1.4 (on November 22). I think you'll really love it, so I hope you're able to tune in at 7PM GMT over at youtube.com/planetcoaster/live!

We'll be focusing on the Scenario Editor only, but if you have any questions about 1.4 we can do our best to answer them if time permits.

See you tonight!
[heart]
Bo

!!!HYPE!!!HYPE!!!HYPE!!!HYPE!!!HYPE!!!HYPE!!!HYPE!!!

#1 - Will scenario editor allow players to set park border/boundaries in shapes other than just large squares?

#2 - Will players be able to set land purchasing rights?

#3 - Will we be able to modify prestige ratings for each ride within the scenario editor?

#4 - Will we be able to modify the cost of items, rides, or scenery? or how about research

#5 - Will there be any sort of guest editor feature to create unique guests within a scenario?

#6 - This is going to be awesome !!! Cant wait for the scenario editor [heart]

[video=youtube_share;w8K8VcVTdc0]https://youtu.be/w8K8VcVTdc0[/video]

[video=youtube_share;LbwtxpHe98c]https://youtu.be/LbwtxpHe98c[/video]

#7 - What about an ocean or space background? We want scenarios like these ^^

#8 - Having unique shapes to the terrain and park boundaries makes scenarios more fun and puzzling!

#9 - If these are not possible now, hopefully in a future update?

#10 - !!THANKS!! [up]

Last edited:
The easiest way to answer question about the new content of the update is to build anything in the Sceneria Editor Tutorial tonight with the new content.

I thought I had some other questions about the scenario editor, but I can only one (and a few relating to that one).

Will we be able to add our own custom challenges (Like challenge mode challenges) in addition to the normal Scenario Objectives? (Like in the RCT3 expansions)
If yes, will we have a bigger set of options for the criteria that needs to be met? Will we be able to offer the players rewards other than cash for meeting the challenge? Will we be able to set a challenge to optional (or even mandatory), and be able to make it a timed objective they can fail, and be punished for failing?

I really would like to know what has happened, that the guests began to walk on the edges of the pathes in yesterdays livestream?

iaZ2inO.jpg

If I watched it correctly, it started with placement of the staff building. Maybe a dev should have a look at that.

MuArx5X.jpg

I really would like to know what has happened, that the guests began to walk on the edges of the pathes in yesterdays livestream?
They placed a few of the new peep-blocking pieces on the paths to demonstrate what those did -- they said so when somebody asked, but it was brief and easy to miss.

It's kind of funny with Planet Coaster does the game become creating scenarios or does it become playing scenarios?
From what they said the intent is both -- people interested in scenario-making will upload them to the workshop for others to play, which gets the devs out of scenario-making (and the stress of "but we want more scenarios, make us some! Good ones! No not like that! I could make better scenarios than that! [tongue] ).

I'm happy with the devs focusing on what we can't currently do (like fixing building/scenery issues, making us more park skirts, expanding shop options, improving the pathing, etc).

Last edited:
I was really impressed by the Scenario Editor. I think it's much more than the name lets on. It really can be used as a Park editor... any park you create or have created can be tweaked in so many ways. For example, I will be using it to make peeps more patient with waiting times, so I can have longer queues. I'm also going to have the rides break down at a much lower rate. Many people will be able to adapt their parks to suit their play styles. Thanks Frontier, I'm really looking forward to the Editor & the other content in 1.4! [big grin]

Top Bottom