Engineers Scramble Spectrum Question

So, I'm currently outfitting my new Anaconda. I've got pulses in the medium and two of the large slots. I was just wondering how effective scramble spectrum is for NPC combat. Responses will be much appreciated.

So, I'm currently outfitting my new Anaconda. I've got pulses in the medium and two of the large slots. I was just wondering how effective scramble spectrum is for NPC combat. Responses will be much appreciated.

It works on NPC's, yes. I have that effect on a few pulse lasers on various smaller ships (a Mamba and a couple of iCouriers), and can see the NPC's getting module malfunctions once their shields are down.

What is your Anaconda for, exactly?

(I don't really like scramble, it only affects enemies if the shields are already down, and it's not very reliable).

Depending on your build and playstyle a lot of things would be useful.
One emissive, one scramble is a useful utility combo, if you don't go one special route like all phasing, or all oversized, or all flow control.
Flow control makes sense if you are short on power, all oversized if you have plenty of power.
All phasing really only makes sense if you fill all slots with phasing pulses.
If you fly in wings often, a concordant is a nice addition.

But basically you can't do anything wrong, especially not for a "jack-of-all-trades" build.
Edit: an explorer could even use all stripped down.

shrugs

It's very random and lowers dps, so I'd suggest using it for more specialized builds. The effect also has a hidden cooldown(5 sec?), so you will only need one scrambler.

But keep in mind that it's totally random, having a combat ships cargo hatch malfunctioning won't mean much xD So often you're better off with more raw dps.

Any idea if the probability of module malfunctions caused by scramble depends on weapon size or base DPS? It was claimed sometimes but I've not found a definite answer yet.

Any idea if the probability of module malfunctions caused by scramble depends on weapon size or base DPS? It was claimed sometimes but I've not found a definite answer yet.
It might, but the chance seems high enough to reapply it pretty quickly once the cooldown expires even with a medium turret, so it's probably not an important factor.

I think the amount of time it takes to trigger (or the chance of) a malfunction relates to how much damage is being dealt. These distinctions are difficult to prove and are anectdotal. I was in a duel last night (Vette vs FDL) with scramble on a class 1 turret. In our debrief he complained that the scramble caused multiple/consecutive powerplant malfunctions.

For an Anaconda I would do one or two small burst turrets with scramble spectrum.

Top Bottom