Screenshots 101

Is the screenshot hotkey F10 not changable in latest patches? I seem to be taking unintentional screenshots when I use F10 which is bound to a ingame function for me. I can not find on option to change the hotkey, which was there previously.

Is the screenshot hotkey F10 not changable in latest patches? I seem to be taking unintentional screenshots when I use F10 which is bound to a ingame function for me. I can not find on option to change the hotkey, which was there previously.

I don't believe it's ever been possible to rebind the screenshot key, it's one of the "hard-wired" ones like Ctrl-F etc. It's possible to re-bind the classified camera key though.

I don't believe it's ever been possible to rebind the screenshot key, it's one of the "hard-wired" ones like Ctrl-F etc. It's possible to re-bind the classified camera key though.

Could be so, I just have a vague memory about changing it.

I just tested and the UI does not warn you about binding F10. But checking my screenshot folder, I had a few screens of me binding the F10 key. I guess I have to live with unintentional screenshots or change my hotkeys.

Great and very informative thread but failed to answer my question which is, how to add a photo to a forum thread here and which format and size is best to use?.

Can anyone help me with IMGUR..?

Used to be, when I took a screenshot, a thumbnail would pop up on the bottom right of the screen, within the game
I must have changed something, 'cos it doesn't do that anymore! (just plays a sound)
Can anyone help get my thumbnail back..?

Nice write up. When I was younger I took photography courses and a teacher said something that I still remember to this day "To take interesting photos, you must look at the world as if you're seeing for the first time" Obviously that can be applied to many things other than photography, but that didn't make it leass profound to me.

Also, a while back I wrote a guide on how to create panorma images with greater control than what software like photoshop offers with its automated methods.

https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showthread.php/190720-How-I-create-panorama-images

I like subtle patterns, reflections, or shapes. They can make an image seem to stand out more or seem more interesting. I also tend to like the Japanese style of asymmetry I learned from working with bonsai in my youth.

I don't edit photos though, nor use any graphics mods, as I want to accurately show the game for what it is.

These might be a little rough around the edges, as it were, but they're some of the ones I've taken that I find more compelling.

XdXjEos.jpg

odGWLj0.jpg

MhS6Te1.jpg

w6kkuAs.jpg

8SF90rc.jpg

Last edited:
Also, a while back I wrote a guide on how to create panorma images with greater control than what software like photoshop offers with its automated methods.

https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showthread.php/190720-How-I-create-panorama-images

Linked it on the Panorama part :)

I like subtle patterns, reflections, or shapes. They can make an image seem to stand out more or seem more interesting. I also tend to like the Japanese style of asymmetry I learned from working with bonsai in my youth.

I don't edit photos though, nor use any graphics mods, as I want to accurately show the game for what it is.

These might be a little rough around the edges, as it were, but they're some of the ones I've taken that I find more compelling.

I like where this is going (especially 2 and 3)!

======

Do you think I should update the OP because of the new camera? I could add some stuff about the FOV and such, I guess.

F10 Does nothing. Send help.
I checked in C:\Users\<Username>\AppData\Roaming\Frontier Developments\Elite Dangerous\Screenshots
There was not even a Screenshots folder.

F10 Does nothing. Send help.
I checked in C:\Users\<Username>\AppData\Roaming\Frontier Developments\Elite Dangerous\Screenshots
There was not even a Screenshots folder.

Check that GeForce Experience isn't hijacking the key, as it almost-always does in this situation ; and perhaps that your antivirus isn't preventing access to your Documents folder (which regularly happens with BitDefender for example). Also the screenies should drop in your Pictures folder, not AppData.

Is there a program that you can recommend that will do a bulk conversion of images from bmp to tiff or png? I have a large collection of bmps which consume a lot of space on my drive.

Top Bottom