Screenshots from the journey that got me Pioneer

Here are the pics from my journey to get Pioneer.

Took me about a month and a half with a week break for powerplay testing.

Went from Ranger 78% to Pioneer 12%. Strangely enough, difference between profits from exploriation and credits total don't match up. And i didn't buy or sell anything while selling data. Maybe its something to do with the community goal??? Anyhow, made around 25 million according to my credits difference, or 28 million according to the exploration profit statistic.

On to the pics! These are the second set from this journey, first set can be found here: https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showthread.php?t=144889

Just a shot of how other explorers are spread out around the galaxy.
Screenshot_0003.jpg

I like how Ammonia worlds look like they are made of gold
Screenshot_0005.jpg

A pair of Earthlikes
Screenshot_0007.jpg

Stripey gas giant.
Screenshot_0010.jpg

An ammonia world moon. A rare find.
Screenshot_0018.jpg

A couple of planets orbiting each other... both with rings.
Screenshot_0022.jpg

A water world with sparse rings
Screenshot_0023.jpg

A largely desert planet? Mmmm... Shai Hulud.
Screenshot_0024.jpg

The secondary star must have a thing for rings.
Screenshot_0026.jpg

How on earth can this be an Icy planet? Its practically sitting on top of the sun. Just over half an AU from a hot A type.
Screenshot_0027.jpg

That's one big snowball.
Screenshot_0029.jpg

Let's not go to that system, tis a silly place.
Screenshot_0037.jpg

Time for a pose around an ammonia world.
Screenshot_0040.jpg

This rocky planet comes with its own en-suite bathroom... erm, i mean water world.
Screenshot_0045.jpg

Time for a pose around an earthlike.
Screenshot_0048.jpg

And look at that, a large terrestial ammonia world with life.
Screenshot_0049.jpg

An undiscovered earthlike just 800LY from Sol.
Screenshot_0054.jpg

Two undiscovered paired water worlds just 650LY from Sol.
Screenshot_0059.jpg

Two undiscovered water worlds just 550LY from Sol.
Screenshot_0063.jpg

The fruits of my labour! At last...
Screenshot_0067.jpg

Next step, Elite! :)

Really nice screenshots there. If you have any POIs from your expedition that you feel you want to share with the mapping project, feel free to add them :)

Some nice pics :) , but why not post them in your other thread? There was no need to create a new one.

Because people might only look at the first set of pics ;)

Really nice screenshots there. If you have any POIs from your expedition that you feel you want to share with the mapping project, feel free to add them :)

Actually, largely noninteresting, because i deliberately avoided all POIs. I've found most POIs to have been thoroughly scanned, so went wide around most.

- - - Updated - - -

I knew I should've spend more time in the Dumbbell sector :) Nice pics Auntie!

Thanks. Quite funny actually. On my way out i was more careful about picking systems and general destinations. On the way back though i just let the nav computer do its thing, so that discovery was just a pure fluke.

Hi there,
I think I have the explanation for why your Ice World orbiting an A star with a 0.68 AU semi-major axis is still an Ice World: look at the eccentricity! e=0.9288 means it will be spending most of its time very far away from that star. It's massive enough to hold onto any atmosphere it would develop as it reaches periastron, otherwise it would generate a spectacular tail. Very interesting find!

Hi there,
I think I have the explanation for why your Ice World orbiting an A star with a 0.68 AU semi-major axis is still an Ice World: look at the eccentricity! e=0.9288 means it will be spending most of its time very far away from that star. It's massive enough to hold onto any atmosphere it would develop as it reaches periastron, otherwise it would generate a spectacular tail. Very interesting find!

Interesting suggestion, but the semi-major axis is tiny, so even with a large offset from the star, its still going be very close most of the time. However, i am no expert on this, so will bow to greater knowledge on the topic.

congrats on pioneer, my fav is the water world with the cool rings and the black and white stripey giant, I love those.

Plenty of nice shots there Agony.

The credits seem very low ..i am sure i got about 55million for about the same length of time away

I know it depends what your scanning though.

Those are some great pics! That 'tis a silly place" system is like one I found and where I spent the better part of my gaming session that night just scanning it all.

Last edited:
Plenty of nice shots there Agony.

The credits seem very low ..i am sure i got about 55million for about the same length of time away

I know it depends what your scanning though.

Well, also depends on playtime. Average playtime per day is perhaps an hour or two, although some days i get 4 or 5, while other days none. Plus there was the break for powerplay beta.

Like I just said to hartford:

Ok, I LOVE this thread. Only had a quick look as my wife just got home, when she goes to bed I'll be back and comment on my favourites. I have a few!

An ammonia world moon. A rare find.

Very rare, amazing!

A couple of planets orbiting each other... both with rings.

Love these so much. Looking for a pair of pristine's just like it. If you get a chance, head to Apam Napat, Fan Orbital. Same thing.

How on earth can this be an Icy planet? Its practically sitting on top of the sun. Just over half an AU from a hot A type.

This is probably to do with the definition of an Icy Planet. Probably doesn't just mean ice? IDK

Let's not go to that system, tis a silly place.

I don’t want to talk to you no more, you empty headed animal food trough water! I fart in your general direction! Your mother was a hamster and your father smelt of elderberries!

And look at that, a large terrestial ammonia world with life.

Terrestrial ammonia world? Are they all called that?

An undiscovered earthlike just 800LY from Sol.

Not bad!

The fruits of my labour! At last...

Congrats!

Next step, Elite! :)

Mine in red

Top Bottom