3. Quokka
4. Javelina
5. African Spurred Tortoise
6. Emu
7. Tasmanian Devil
8. Tuatara(exhibit)

Note: I used this site for reference
Credits to "Yoav_r" for the idea
Love it! I'd replace the brushturkey and guam rail with some asian scrub representation. Maybe the persian leopard/Caracal and perasian fallow deer/persian onager.

Also the Tasmanian devil is more of a temperate species, I think the Yellow footed rock wallaby would be perfect for this pack in ots stead

Last edited:
Yeah the Tasmanian devil is a forest-dwelling animal. Tasmania is very lush.
You could argue that prehistorically its distribution on the mainland included scrublands, but that's a stretch. BTW did you hear they are bringing the devils back to the mainland?

You could argue that prehistorically its distribution on the mainland included scrublands, but that's a stretch. BTW did you hear they are bringing the devils back to the mainland?
Yes, I've heard that, but they are running into some trouble with local farmers who for whatever reason still believe in the weird 19th century misconception that the devils will eat their sheep. I think so far they've released them into a monitored area, kind of like a very large zoo enclosure, but it was a while ago that I read about it.

Yes, I've heard that, but they are running into some trouble with local farmers who for whatever reason still believe in the weird 19th century misconception that the devils will eat their sheep. I think so far they've released them into a monitored area, kind of like a very large zoo enclosure, but it was a while ago that I read about it.
It's always the farmers... same thing in Brazil. Thanks for the update, good luck to them.

Devils inhabit every environment in Tasmania and are actually most widespread on the drier eastern half of the island, with their highest densities being in dry sclerophyll woodland and coastal heathland which could both be described as a kind of "scrub". However, I'd agree they probably aren't the best animal for the list - another potential marsupial replacement could be the Southern Hairy-nosed Wombat.

Love it! I'd replace the brushturkey and guam rail with some asian scrub representation. Maybe the persian leopard/Caracal and perasian fallow deer/persian onager.

Also the Tasmanian devil is more of a temperate species, I think the Yellow footed rock wallaby would be perfect for this pack in ots stead
I already have the caracal in my arabia pack concept

Top Bottom