Search for Station or Planet - not just a System.

As the title says, I'd like to be able to search for a Station and have it show me a list of matching results, which I can click on and be taken to in the Galaxy map.

I can sometimes remember the stations I had visited and wanted to find them again for commodities, but forget the system.

Thanks in advance Devs....

You can do this already. Just type the station name, or planet name, into the search box. I've used it to search for the Founders World, and Freeport when I first used the beta. Took me to both their respective systems immediately. If you didn't turn up a result, you may have spelled it wrong.

Perhaps - although as one example, I had recently been to Feynman Terminal; I couldn't remember what system it was in, and I had forgotten it was a terminal - all I remembered was "Feynman". So when I searched in the Navigation box for "Feynman", it took me to someplace completely different, it did not offer me a "multiple choice" of possible matches... unless there's something else I'm missing..?

Searching for parts of a name also using " * " for example would be very helpfull... For example I only remembered that it was Ross *** and it would be great of you could get out more search results...

Wildcards would really add overhead. But you can keep searching.

So you are looking for somewhere called Fred's Station. Type in Fred it will take you to the first match. Hit the button or enter again, it will take you to the next match, and so on.

Its not a list, but it works fairly well for the moment. A list might be nice, but i think at the moment FD have a lot more pressing concerns than this.

Wildcards would really add overhead. But you can keep searching.

So you are looking for somewhere called Fred's Station. Type in Fred it will take you to the first match. Hit the button or enter again, it will take you to the next match, and so on.

Its not a list, but it works fairly well for the moment. A list might be nice, but i think at the moment FD have a lot more pressing concerns than this.

You know, I never actually realised you could do this - thanks for letting me know. I will certainly try it out!

I agree also that there are far more important matters for the developers to implement/augment etc., however I just thought I'd make this request so that it can go on a list for them somewhere to hopefully get around to at some point :)

Top Bottom