Searching the Sol System

As mentioned before in the "Quest to Find Raxxla" thread, this is a open invitation for a mass search in Sol system.

Discord Channel:

The goal:
  • Screen the Asteroid Belt in normal space for anything we may find.

Having the Asteroid Belt extending from Mars orbit up to Jupiter's, this becomes to be a huge search area with a very easy-to-miss target, so, do not exceed 10C or you'll miss it for sure.

A previous mapping resulted on a rough estimation that the Asteroid Belt region is a thin flat disc starting 50ls from Mars orbit up to about 650ls beyond it and 1-2ls thick.

Finding the Asteroid Belt is still a challenge even having an idea in advance of its location.
(see video link ** for more details).

** https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xCD6Md8ulnE

As for the reason(s) on choosing Sol and an Asteroid Belt as a search worth pursuing:

1. The in-game Raxxla logo is quite similar to a hidden Asteroid feature observable whilst mining;

Mining_Feature.png
Raxxla_Logo.png

The center of the Raxxla logo may signify Sol (circle with a centered dot) and the dotted lines suggesting it is not visible like the Asteroid Belt and may also not be targetable.
It is possible to fly there in SuperCruise observing the lower left corner of your ship's main screen which displays your current location as demonstrated in this short video above **

2.Asteroid Belt having mass;

Both the EDDB.IO website and in-game description list them as having mass:

Asteroid Belt = 0.0083 Moon Masses (the goal is to find the mass source);

3. Asteroid Belt(s) - 8 Clusters

Sol_8_Asteroid_Belts.jpg

* Bonus Tinfoil Hattery
This is based on a vague recollection of a video interview with Mr. Baben... not direct quoting.
[Interviewer: About Raxxla... it is in the game?]
[Braben: If you are in the right place and scan it enough...]
[Interviewer: Basic scan or advanced?] (early time when we had basic/intermediary/advanced);
[Braben: Basic scan is enough.]
[Interviewer: But you have to be Elite...]
[Braben: You have to be Elite... but it is more likely to reveal itself to a group of pilots.]
< in sum we drop from super cruise on several positions in the Asteroid Belt and honk until our ears drop off >

So, hop on and let's see what we can find!!

Attachments

• Sol_8_Asteroid_Belts.jpg
    Sol_8_Asteroid_Belts.jpg
    393.7 KB · Views: 59
Last edited:
Very intrested in helping out but as I don't have an Elite ranking I'm not sure how much help i'd be!
Just joined your discord though, si I'll help out where I can - I guess I can still help find the asteroid belt without being elite.
Welcome aboard, mate! Every help we can get is more than needed! No worries about being "Elite"... not even sure if my recollection to that video interview is still valid. Whenever I'm in-game I'll be on that Discord server.

Cheers!

Some recent speculations are making our focus to turn to the current Asteroid Belt which was originally to be a "bonus" mission and it seems to be more worthy of our attention.

So, next Sunday (March/14) we'll be dropping all around the Asteroid Belt in Sol and do a swipe in order to find anything there... even if we find the actual rocks would be a great victory!

Original post is being updated accordingly...

Cheers!

There's more to it... by adding the Asteroid Belt to your favorites, you'll be able to select it... and curiously the signal source appears inside the Sun itself.

Also, when you pause your mouse on top of the Asteroid Belt in system map, the description tab (left side of the screen) shows "Common Reserves"

There are a couple more tips I'd like to post here but it is not the time for it just yet.

Meet you there!

Yep, been there, done that!

The exclusion zone does not allow us to get any closer... good luck, though!

I spent an hour trying to get closer to no avail. =[

Any chance i could get that discord link? i think the other ones were timed and don't work any more.

Not raxxla, but the dark wheel is in orbit of castillo.

Castillo is the 8th moon of jupiter and would make sense as it seems the dark wheel formed when humanity first started exploring the stars.
Makes alot of sense too becuase the starport was old.

can i have that discord link it seems to have expired... ill hop in if anyone wants to do a big search of castillo with me

Not raxxla, but the dark wheel is in orbit of castillo.

Castillo is the 8th moon of jupiter and would make sense as it seems the dark wheel formed when humanity first started exploring the stars.
Makes alot of sense too becuase the starport was old.

can i have that discord link it seems to have expired... ill hop in if anyone wants to do a big search of castillo with me
EDIT... triton is the 8th moon of neptune......

EDIT... triton is the 8th moon of neptune......

The mention of a DarkWheel Station orbiting the 8th moon of an unamed gas giant implies that most likelly such gas giant would not be in Sol.

Regarding Raxxla, as we're not quite sure what we're looking for, the best we can do is to look for inconsistencies and oddities such the asteroid belt in Sol, also in New Yembo (Universal Cartographics home system) where they are present in system map but not physically targetable.

Also, another strange thing is LTT 11159 not displaying any "first discovered by" on the stars and planet (this ine only shows "first mapped by") showing allegiance/government with zero population.

Top Bottom