Secrets of Dr. Wu hybrids

It's a bit baffling that Spinoraptor, Stegoceratops, and Ankylodocus were left out of Evolution 2, especially when Spinoraptor became a huge fan favorite. It would be great to have them make a return, giving Stegoceratops a little adjustment to slightly de-exaggerate some of its features like the massive horns and random spikes, and redesigning Ankylodocus to better show the features of both animals, something similar to this fan design.

dcwwpp0-5a4edacc-de76-4480-bb9f-aa50839cb77b.jpg

With the inclusion of the Scorpios rex in the upcoming Camp Cretaceous DLC, the need for more variety with the hybrids has become much greater.

As much as I love the Indominus rex, Indoraptor and Scorpios rex all three are carnivorous raptor hybrids, so I'm all for the Ankylodocus, Spinoraptor and Stegoceratops to be added to JWE2 as they’re two herbivore hybrids and a piscivore hybrid. Ankylodocus has great potential and deserves a second chance, Spinoraptor had a great design and the best mission from the Secrets of Dr. Wu and Stegoceratops is canonical to the film franchise.

I also still find it rather questionable how every single dinosaur from the previous game has returned for the sequel, including species that had mixed to negative reception from players and the two species from the same DLC as the hybrids. Yet for some reason, the hybrids are excluded.

I would love to see the return of these three. While I understand the destain towards more hybrids, I do find myself liking their inclusion in the game. Every now and then I would make a park with a theme, and I love using the hybrids from the previous game when making a park based on Dr. Wu's genetic research, it is often a nice ice breaker.

I am curious of how these three would function in game if they return. How compatible would they be in regards to cohabitation, paleo-diets, and combat, and if they may get some facelifts based on player feedback in JWE1. With how new dinosaurs have more unique animations from one another, these hybrids may be a treat to have in JWE2.

I'm personally glad they are not there. Alot of people don't want the hybrids anyway. :)
Sorry, but in my opinion its simply a very unfriendly and wrong statement.
I was not the biggest fan of hybrids for the whole Jurassic Park/World universe, but I like that the Hybrids are still looking like realistic animals and even if I don´t had to many in my Parks i wished all Hybrids from JWE I would be ingame for their fans!
IT´s an important part of this Filmuniverse that Hybrids show us what could happen if scientists play GOD and have not enough respect for Nature ! ( OR someone just wants to make more money with" more teeth"!)
For this reason I wisched Frontier would give the Players that like the Hybrids, all of them from JWE I, despite i like more the Dinosaurs/Pterosaurs and Marine Reptiles !

I'm personally glad they are not there. Alot of people don't want the hybrids anyway. :)
And a lot of people DO want the hybrids... considering there's a good chance we'll have over 100 "real" animals by the time this game is done (there's currently 87 I believe, plus 3 hybrids), there's no reason you hybrid haters can't deal with a handful of them.

redesigning Ankylodocus to better show the features of both animals, something similar to this fan design.

View attachment 294317
I honestly don't care too much for that fan design you all keep posting... it looks too much like an Ankylosaurus with a long neck... the legs especially look bad for carrying all that weight. A proper Ankylodocus should be built similar to the Saltasaurus from Planet Dinosaur--a big, chunky sauropod with a wide, barrel body--but much more heavily armored like an Ankylosaurus.

Last edited:
A proper Ankylodocus should be built similar to the Saltasaurus from Planet Dinosaur--a big, chunky sauropod with a wide, barrel body--but much more heavily armored like an Ankylosaurus.
Ew, yuck, no thanks. Every time I see that thing Moto Moto starts singing in my brain. How about the pictured design but with less-pronounced body armor, say partial osteoderms set into the skin and the side spikes are smaller.

Ew, yuck, no thanks. Every time I see that thing Moto Moto starts singing in my brain. How about the pictured design but with less-pronounced body armor, say partial osteoderms set into the skin and the side spikes are smaller.
The spikes aren't the problem... it's the short legs with the digitigrade feet. This is a cross between a sauropod and an ankylosaur; two of the slowest and heftiest genre of dinosaurs in existence, so why does it have the legs of a lightweight runner?

Last edited:
The painfully awkward head wasn't the only problem though. It's too long and too skinny and has almost no armor... basically just an Diplodocus with a club on its tail and a silly face.
The biggest problem I had with the Ankylodocus was how it was completely defenceless against the Indominus rex. It was a hybrid in name only, and the I think the derpy would've been tolerated had it been the only sauropod to put up a fight against the carnivorous hybrid.
I hope Frontier doesn't waste more spots for annoying hybrids
How would they be wasting spots?

If Frontier were to add all three hybrids from the Secrets of Dr. Wu and the Sino-Spino from Camp Cretaceous into JWE2, the total number of hybrids in the game would be 7. The current total number of natural species of dinosaurs, pterosaurs and marine reptiles is 87.

The natural species would still vastly outnumber the hybrid species by more than 12:1.

The spikes aren't the problem... it's the short legs with the digitigrade feet. This is a cross between a sauropod and an ankylosaur; two of the slowest and heftiest genre of dinosaurs in existence, so why does it have the legs of a lightweight runner?
Cheetah DNA.

then you can just not use them
This. People have likes and dislikes for all the animals in the game, nobody's forcing you to use the ones you don't like, so let others have and enjoy what they like.

I'd like them to show up again...

Personally, the Akylodocus needs some adjustment in appearance, and I'd prefer the Stegoceratops be modified to fit with other versions of the hybrid in the universe.

I'd also love to see the other two computer screen hybrids and the Sino-Spino's in game, because I find the hybrids as something interesting.

im like Hybrids as Placeholder for Mods, to replace with more realistic Dinosaurs ...why a Ancylodocus ? when the real Nature has a Shunosaurus?Why its "Jurassic World" when in it Creatures from the full Mesocoic Period in it and Hybrids and not named it "prehistoric Creature World"?Im like the Artwork from the Ankylodocus !!!! looks real good

Last edited:
Top Bottom