Select multiple items?

Is it possible to select multiple items? For example if I have a row of trees I want to select to demolish all in one go as opposed to clicking individually.

If not, is this something expected to be put in later? Would be nice to be able to CTRL + Click to select the objects

Hi voo, You can hold CTRL and select multiple building pieces either to delete, duplicate or move.....haven't tried this for nature items though. Also there is a square looking icon on the menu that says select tool or something like that - greyed out right now but should be included by release.

Hi voo, You can hold CTRL and select multiple building pieces either to delete, duplicate or move.....haven't tried this for nature items though. Also there is a square looking icon on the menu that says select tool or something like that - greyed out right now but should be included by release.

Just tried this, yes you're right it works for building items but not for scenary, also seems scenary items can't be grouped yet unless i'm missing something? Would be nice to make a custom rock cluster and be able to duplicate it to use elsewhere in the park. Obviously I appreciate this is alpha and i've only just jumped in to the game so I expect unfinished things of course. Just making sure i'm not missing anything!

I would also like the ability to select scenery (like trees) and paint them onto the terrain with random heights and rotations so as not to have them placed one by one if this would be possible.

Ya, this needs to happen. There should essentially be a click hold and drag tool that you then drag over an area you want trees placed. The menu would give you the option of type of tree (or trees for that matter) and density. This would be great for the less precise placements. As things are, I am RCT3 nightmares of two hand mouse clicks to create a forest.

Hello everybody! At this moment the multiple select options is only available when you are editing:
-Select building
-Holding left-key on your mouse, drag the mouse and selects the area of the building you want to edit
-Release the mouse and continue to delete, duplicate or move the selected area

See the quick video I did for this function, good luck!
***select HD for better image***

[video=youtube;cAgzshs0jnM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cAgzshs0jnM[/video]

So it's still just for buildings?

I put down some blueprints that have a lot of pieces just to see what they look like, but aren't buildings and now I want them gone. It's too late for undo. /sob

Last edited:
So it's still just for buildings?

I put down some blueprints that have a lot of pieces just to see what they look like, but aren't buildings and now I want them gone. It's too late for undo. /sob

This thread was originally made during the alpha phase. Now there is a mult-select tool available to select anything. Its in the bottom right of the screen, above the pause button. You simply click the button, and then click-and-drag over the items you want to select [happy]

I tried using it to select some trees that I wanted to duplicate, but there is no duplicate button. The only way is to make blueprints but I don't want to have to do that everytime I want to duplicate something.

Thanks, I'll play with that.

EDIT: I noticed it doesn't work on trashcans or paths. It would be nice to be able to move in-tact sections of a park around.

Last edited:
How to delete mult scenery

Is it possible to select multiple items? For example if I have a row of trees I want to select to demolish all in one go as opposed to clicking individually.

If not, is this something expected to be put in later? Would be nice to be able to CTRL + Click to select the objects

In build mode press the letter i and highlight what you want to delete and click the demolish button.

I tried using it to select some trees that I wanted to duplicate, but there is no duplicate button. The only way is to make blueprints but I don't want to have to do that everytime I want to duplicate something.

Instead, drop a gridded piece to start a building (hide it underground), then add your cluster of non-gridded items to that building. you can then move the building about as normal, including making duplicates.

Last edited:
Top Bottom