Selection Tool Suggestion

It can be really frustrating having to select multiple items inside of a square/rectangle selection tool. Especially with building designs that are more elaborate. It makes moving things around a nightmare because I always end up picking up items from other buildings and enclosures.

Would it be possible to add a "draw your own" selection tool in the future?

(Similar to the Photoshop lasso tool)

HeatherG

Volunteer Moderator
It can be really frustrating having to select multiple items inside of a square/rectangle selection tool.

One tip I can give you is to create a “group” when creating something that way when your in the “group” edit mode you can draw a box around the items and nothing outside of the “group” will get selected.

One tip I can give you is to create a “group” when creating something that way when your in the “group” edit mode you can draw a box around the items and nothing outside of the “group” will get selected.

Thanks for your feedback! I tend to get really frustrated with the group editing mode because a lot of the rotations and placements work really wonky when it's edited inside a group. If there is a way to build something first and then add it as a group later, that would make life so much easier. But maybe i just need to play around with it more to figure out how to get it to work the way i'm trying to place it in group editing mode.

HeatherG

Volunteer Moderator
Thanks for your feedback! I tend to get really frustrated with the group editing mode because a lot of the rotations and placements work really wonky when it's edited inside a group. If there is a way to build something first and then add it as a group later, that would make life so much easier. But maybe i just need to play around with it more to figure out how to get it to work the way i'm trying to place it in group editing mode.
Yeah It can be difficult untill you find what works best for you. Good luck!

Top Bottom