Aquatic animals are definitely a hot topic going around the community: Dolphins, Whales, Fish, and more would be absolutely amazing to have in the game. I think this pack would have a heavy positive impact on gameplay by adding a completely different way to set up habitats and such. On that note, having a completely new way of setting up habitats, feeding animals, etc. would be quite the task for the dev team to take on.

I'm sure this has been talked about, but I would love to keep the conversation going. A Semi-Aquatic pack to include animals such as: Otters, Beavers, Seals, Walruses, and the animal I want the most from a pack like this, Penguins! Of course, penguins don't live in the Arctic North so they weren't a part of the Arctic pack, but they are definitely one of my favorites and I hope to see them make their way into the game. As for the other animals listed, they are definitely well-loved animals by many and would benefit from education because of their varying levels of endangerment.

What do you think? Are there other Semi-Aquatic animals you want to see instead of the ones listed here? Lets keep the conversation going!

I am not sure if we will ever see truly aquatic animals in PZ (although I wish so) but I think semi-aquatic animals are standard in zoo. Cannot imagine we would not get them at some point.

I would love to see my all-time favourites - sea lions. Other animals I would like are penguins (one big species such as emperor and one smaller one - rockhopper), otters and also beavers and platypi (??? What is the plural of those I am not sure 😅).

I say it everywhere, and I say it here again. First of all, they need to bring a system for the animals to dive underwater...
We can ask for these things after the animals dive under the water. I want sea lions very much, but technical problems should be eliminated.

I’d love to see penguins and in particular temperate species like Humboldt or African which are perhaps most common in zoos. I love little blue penguins but unless we got a full on penguin pack I’m not confident of their inclusion.

I’m not that keen on king penguins as they are less common in zoos and like other Antarctic penguin species very often need to be kept totally indoors and emperor penguins are hardly ever found in captivity.

I'd love to see those animals and many more! ( i realy dont like dlc's with 'only' 3 or 4 animals :/)

I say it everywhere, and I say it here again. First of all, they need to bring a system for the animals to dive underwater...
We can ask for these things after the animals dive under the water.
Well, the polar bears appearently already do this ( i saw a picture in an other topic on this forum), so it is already posible. ( also, there are other games as well where animals can dive in or under water :D )

I'd love to see those animals and many more! ( i realy dont like dlc's with 'only' 3 or 4 animals :/)

Well, the polar bears appearently already do this ( i saw a picture in an other topic on this forum), so it is already posible. ( also, there are other games as well where animals can dive in or under water :D )

I think you are talking about this post. but here the polar bears just jump into the water, so it looks like they are dive in water. they don't dive under the water.
No animals dive into the water in the game. The system of the hippo is a completely simple cheat(actually it would be more appropriate to call this animation trick). Have you ever seen hippo on the water in the game? because they always go under water at a certain level. so hippos don't actually make a real dive either.
This is the system where hippos go under water in the game. :)
Adsız.png

Last edited:
still... if they can make animals run, climb and even flamingo's fly a little... it isnt hard for programmers to make animals dive or swim :D besides, in other games games it is also possible, so i don't understand why not they won't be able to do it in this game (although i can guess 2 reasons...)

I think it's a matter of implementing it right the first time.

You don't want big performance issues or huge bugs when/if you add diving/advanced swimming.

Since the Cobra-engine details are fairly unknown to almost everybody, I think it's a guessing-game what might be the problem.

I think it's a matter of implementing it right the first time.

You don't want big performance issues or huge bugs when/if you add diving/advanced swimming.

Since the Cobra-engine details are fairly unknown to almost everybody, I think it's a guessing-game what might be the problem.
I absolutely agree with you on this subject. :)
Fine for the entry level. If diving mechanics were at the very beginning of the game, there would probably be many problems.
but what really worries me is whether they will add mechanics to the game later. Because he seems a little reluctant to add mechanics to Frontier games(as far as i think).
they don't explain to us. 🤷‍♂️ "We did not add the dive system to the game to bring it to the release time."

Semi-aquatic animals (sea lions, otters, beavers, harbour seals and walrusses) are at this point the only animals I really want and miss. All others are just a plus, aquatic or not. For me, semi-aquatic would give something new to the game. And while everyone wants an Australian DLC, I just want them and a coastal and beachy building theme.

Top Bottom