semi -flight assist?

as we already know, the learning curve for flight assist off is very high. I can imagine many players were turned off
and even more many shy'd away from the game. Either they just can't or simply don't want to put in so much time learning it.
I think the whole process could be a lot less painful if we had a semi mode that left flight assist on for rotational thrusters of our choosing.
This would make spinning out of control much less frequent. I think it's much friendlier to newer players and we'd more likely to
retain those new players if they aren't driven away by the sheer difficulties of learning flight assist off.
it's a critical skill if we are interesting in pvp. It enables some pretty sick maneuvers for pve too; but I just simple can't put in enough time
to make it worth the while. there's so much other content i want to do.
tl;dr
can we have the option to keep flight assist on for rotational thrusters of our choosing (particularly roll)
while having it off for directional and other thrusters?
I think it's healthier for the game and player's sanity when they're trying to learn.

While being and advocate for fully FA-off flight. Honestly it's not too hard to learn with some patience (with any and all control methods)
I'm all for having more options for pilots to tailor there gameplay.

Having a 'rotational dampening' option as seen in the like of X4 and SC etc would be a fine option as long as I can turn it off and leave it defaulted to off :D

This would definitely be an improvement. I like to play pretty relaxed (though that doesn't mean no excitement) so FA off just isn't worth my time to learn. I think an FA on/off toggle for each of the six movements (Primary, vertical, lateral, pitch, roll, and yaw.) individually would be great. You could then set whether the FA button switches between Custom/All Off or Custom/All On.

This would definitely be an improvement. I like to play pretty relaxed (though that doesn't mean no excitement) so FA off just isn't worth my time to learn. I think an FA on/off toggle for each of the six movements (Primary, vertical, lateral, pitch, roll, and yaw.) individually would be great. You could then set whether the FA button switches between Custom/All Off or Custom/All On.
Toggle for each of the axis/Degree of freedom would be a bit confusing to most.

FA-off (all as current)
FA-off with Rotational dampening - rotations are like Fa-on.
FA-on (as current)

would be the go to options I reckon.

Top Bottom