Patch Notes September Update - Patch 3

Okay call me daft but where in the nav panel can I see if there are geological or biological sites.
I'm in a system with at least one planet with geological sites but I have no clue where to see that mentioned in the nav panel.

I'm going to assume he means the system map information panel not the nav panel in the cockpit. Any landable world with volcanic activity is going to have Geo sites. Trouble is that if it also has biological you won't know unless you wait for it in the FSS. No other way to tell as far as I can see.

They show up on the Nav panel when you are less than 1,000ls away from the body.

I find that generally if when you are in the FSS if you zoom in a second time everything displays.

They show up on the Nav panel when you are less than 1,000ls away from the body.

I find that generally if when you are in the FSS if you zoom in a second time everything displays.

Yeah but flying to every planet kinda negates the reason we have the fss now.
I tried zooming out and back in but it was still scanning, it seems the scan time is in relation to your FPS setting but I'm on Xbox, no advanced graphics setting there unfortunately.

Ugh, they just need to do something about it, knowing that there are geologicals and/or biologicals is enough for me, I can find out how many of them when I map the planet imho.

so is it a feature now or a bug when you honk in an empty system and it says something like "orbital plane blah blah detected 14 bodies" but there's nothing in the system map and no other stars in the system but the one you jumped in next to?

I'm going to assume he means the system map information panel not the nav panel in the cockpit. Any landable world with volcanic activity is going to have Geo sites. Trouble is that if it also has biological you won't know unless you wait for it in the FSS. No other way to tell as far as I can see.
Yea I’m sorry. Didn’t mean to say nav panel. Nothing will show up in the left/external nav tab until you’ve done a DSS on a planet. An FSS scan will update the system map and allow you to see which planets have volcanic activity and “probably” geo activity sites. Only thing I’ve noticed about most bio sites I’ve seen is they are somewhat frequently in systems with B category stars (but even then most B stars don’t have bio sites). Just keep hoping they reduce the scan time on planets with sites on them. At least the planets without sites pop up quickly.

so is it a feature now or a bug when you honk in an empty system and it says something like "orbital plane blah blah detected 14 bodies" but there's nothing in the system map and no other stars in the system but the one you jumped in next to?
Use the FSS to populate the system map, and you'll see the 14 bodies.

Ah, when the sort of people who've only ever flown in the bubble, and keep telling folks "The FSS works exactly the same as the ADS, what are you complaining about?" finally encounter a system that hasn't been scanned before, and think it's a bug introduced by the most recent patch XD

While I like that the module priority adjustment bug was fixed, I do not appreciate the new limpet collector bugs. Cannot have fragments/materials targeted, or there's chance the collector will die.

Isn't that the normal behavior of collector limpets? If you target a resource and launch a limpet it will collect just that and die, if you launch them without selecting a specific target they'll collect for as long as their lifetime limit is set or there is nothing to collect anymore. The non-targeted limpets then follow your ship until they expire.

How is this a bug? Or has the behavior changed from the one described above by me?

--- edit ---
I see that others were ahead of me on this one.

Hello community !
Is that only me that I have the feeling that since the september update fixings the spawn of High Grade Emissions decreased dramatically (which was announced to become increased !!!) ?
I try to find Pharmaceutical Isolators for my Thruster Update....I used EDDB.io to search for independent systems with Outbreak status...I checked 21 (!!!) systems and recognized a very rare HGE spawning.....and no one single Pharmaceutical Isolator !!!

With this "Update" my motivation to play this game decrease like the spawning of HGEs.......

Thanks !

Last edited:
HGE's have definitely improved since the sept update, on Sunday i found 6 HGE's in Cubeo alone. Alas none of them gave Pharm Iso's, but i did max out my Imp Shields, then traded these and MEF's for 36 pharm Iso's

You can no longer gain reputation with Professor Palin with anything else than engineering, after his evacuation from the Maia system and probably partial retirement. You can find this in the description in-game. But he's now in Arque, closer to the bubble.
Chloe Sedesi who mostly took over Palin's role and installed herself in Witch Head Sector DL-Y D17 has the same unlock requirement as Palin and also offers the same Grade 5 Upgrades. She can be upgraded by selling exploration data to Cinder Dock.
I like the change, it allows me to pin two essential grade 5 blueprints.
Thank you badibeat, didn't know that !

HGE's have definitely improved since the sept update, on Sunday i found 6 HGE's in Cubeo alone. Alas none of them gave Pharm Iso's, but i did max out my Imp Shields, then traded these and MEF's for 36 pharm Iso's
Thanks WASP0 for the info...I think I need to see the Materialbroker then....;-)

I think I need to pay Cubeo a visit.
Any other systems where I might find them? Preferably in Fed space.

Both not worth it, round 1.9 mill cash for 100 t for infecting the galaxy and 80 000 c for 10 t to the cg. I won´t do any of both. Hope not that many commanders fu. up system states by beeing gready for sutch low cash. But got no hope

But buying a storge T9 and cargo racks thats worth it, cu in shinrarararara

Both not worth it, round 1.9 mill cash for 100 t for infecting the galaxy and 80 000 c for 10 t to the cg. I won´t do any of both. Hope not that many commanders fu. up system states by beeing gready for sutch low cash. But got no hope

But buying a storge T9 and cargo racks thats worth it, cu in shinrarararara
Both what?

There have been 3 patches not 2.

How did you trade MEFs for PIs?

Data for Manufactured? :unsure:

Top Bottom