Settlement crime a change or glitch?

I've not had this yet and I have been to this settlement more than a few times and many just like it.
not anarchy so I get the crime, but I killed everyone and I have to toss all my e-breechs to get back into my srv.
is this new or another one of those things that has a mind of its own?
more importantly, my srv, and crimes are off, so wth... but I go into every building with them in my backpack and kill everyone and the e-breeches are ok.
This settlement aside, I have yet to actually do any damage in an anarchy settlement, so what's up?

That sounds like a glitch.
The only time I've had to ditch ebreaches is following a CZ in an anarchy controlled settlement and I'd hit my 100.
Not unusual to have to ditch stuff being picked up on my search, but a visit to the barman on return to the station / outpost / port soon sorts out some space.

Another fun one.
I get the impression the npc's in Odyssey are ripped from slumber in Horizons to do stuff
I don't think they like it.

I go to various POI's and I find my Anarchy faction are they guys meant to stop me.
they are green for a reason.
they wander around looking for the enemy and can't find one, because it is me, their ALLY!
because of the time and the way this happens, I find it better to get back in my ship and abandon the mission.
they didn't want to shoot me, and I don't want to shoot them.
Why do they behave that way? is it not possible to separate the actual criminal from the non-criminal in a faction, or is it just anarchy factions and we aren't supposed to be friends with them?

Last night I had some entertainment
went to a settlement in a cutter to do some missions, trade and sell some carto data.
I had the sound turned down, no reason to hear a base noise while there..
in the midst of selling carto I notice a lot of flashing lights on the bottom of the screen, so I take a look.
I had to take photos.
the settlement defenses and many tiny soldiers are busy pelting my Cutter with all they've got.
I was amazed I had 42% shield and 72% hull, fascinating...in about 1 hour of being parked in a place I thought was safe.

I looked in the log to see why?
about every 50 target = you, I see a Pay your FINE!
WTS?!?!
since when do MY npc faction that I am allied with and are anarchy, fight for a fine I owe an enemy????
a previous 'mission' incurred 855 cr in fines for shooting in a no-shooting zone.
THIS???
INSANE!
flew slowly away, ship is not being repaired or maintained at this parking lot...
watching them chase me..
landed, same thing all over..
flew up out of range
exit game, re-enter
dock , all is well again...

Stupid part in all this is that the very first thing I did when I docked the first time, is I PAID THE FINES!!!!!.

If they had NO RADIO, NO Comms of any kind, ACTUALLY ALIGNED with the ENEMY, this might make sense.
yet here I was, already paid the fines, gave them 16mil in bounties, 15mil in carto and sold them a cutter load of goods, all while being shot at BY THEM, for NO REASON!!!!!
not one reason here is valid.

I was hoping it was the enemy shooting me.

BTW, I will never sell carto again in ODYSSEY. That took over 1 hour to sell 15 lousy mil. I wanted to die each time I clicked on a line to sell.
PAINFULLY SLOW, molasses in February slow.
And, Not ONE Bonus that had a value in it over 0cr for first discoveries. nice

P.S.
Just spent 2 minutes in Horizons selling smaller amount of Carto from same region of space, got all the Bonus's which actually nearly doubled each lines value and I actually got more credits.
FWIW, I know the values before I sell. it is written into my program to display value as I collect it, then again when I sell it. So I always know precisely the value of carto. the only thing that can affect it, is if someone else sells it before I do. then you do NOT see the Bonus screen.
Meaning it is very clear OD ripped me off for over 15mil. for BGS, this has meaning, the credits have zero value to me.
and 1 hour vs. 2 minutes, just WOW.

Last edited:
here is the first thing I saw, 2 guys underneath, so dark. who's paying for the paint?...not even an apology for mistaking me for the enemy!.

2 TDE employees shootin my cutter 09 24 2022.PNG

a bit harder to see but, 2 station guns bouncing off my shields and 4 more dudes shooting plasma and kinetic rifles from all areas of the settlement.

Attachments

• Station guns and 2 guys and 4 guys 09 24 2022.PNG
    Station guns and 2 guys and 4 guys 09 24 2022.PNG
    932.7 KB · Views: 19
Top Bottom