Settlements steeling goods

I'm sure this has been discussed I just can't find a thread on it. I was under the impression as long as the guards don't see you stealing goods and components then your ok. However yesterday I got scanned after picking some up (not seen by anyone) and the guard turned on me. So is any stolen items going to get you in trouble or had I inadvertently picked up some items that they do scan for.

Also I'll ask while I'm here, when you die do you loose and goods and components that you haven't put on your ship yet?

I'm sure this has been discussed I just can't find a thread on it. I was under the impression as long as the guards don't see you stealing goods and components then your ok. However yesterday I got scanned after picking some up (not seen by anyone) and the guard turned on me. So is any stolen items going to get you in trouble or had I inadvertently picked up some items that they do scan for.

Also I'll ask while I'm here, when you die do you loose and goods and components that you haven't put on your ship yet?

Certain goods are "traceable" it says this on them, and gives you an info pop up when you pick them up.

These specific items will show up on a scan. Other stolen goods will not.

Stealing anything in view will cause a negative reaction usually ending in a fight which does seem over the top, but. Yeah

If they see you stealing goods, you're in trouble. If they scan you and you're carry stolen goods in your backpack, you're in trouble. You can drop stolen goods off at your SRV/ship then the scans will be okay.

The basic components you can trade back and forth at the bartender (eg: graphene, optical fiber) are untraceable if you don't get caught in the act. Stolen goods (eg: weapon schematics) and illegal data they will detect when they scan you. Note the middle icon at the top left of your hud between the temperature and bounty icons. This indicates whether you're carrying anything illicit that may get you shot.

Top Bottom