Ship theft?

I got into Elite at the tail end of the Formadine Rift mystery, before it became all spelled out, and the ideas some of the Rifters came up with would have been easy ways to start a long-term story, even with large groups of commanders taking part: put a few custom textures on night sides of Earth-like planets in the rift, hand place a field of systems with way too many asteroid fields and not enough planets, etc. Eventually a payoff would be necessary, but determining the nature and extent of mysteries of that type could have played out over the long term.

When a player base has confidence you have a story, there can be a lot of latitude given, and it's been a bit of a mystery to me why they haven't yet tried to tell more stories of that type. I guess maybe I'm not the target audience as a lover of long-form mysteries.

I understand the tools available have their limits, but maybe they're turning over a new leaf with these interstellar initiatives.
If I were storyboarding for FDev, I'd throw out some bread crumbs, wait for the community to speculate, build on the speculation, rinse and repeat.

Magnify potential creativity, as it were. It would be more like a tabletop RPG, with FDev as DM.

The more I read the Romero's news the more I remember the Expresident Hasley declarations after her rescue.
Maybe this event is the way Frontier uses to tell us we didn't put enough attention to that. Tied with Raxxla? Maybe Tied each other? I'm pretty sure.

After thousands of Galnet entries with absolute zero relevance to the game I don't think anybody can be blamed for not giving a biowaste.

That being said, I'm 100% sure some people did try to take a look.

Top Bottom