Shipyard Showroom!

Sorry i took so long to get back to this thread, i didn't really get a chance to play this game for about two days 'til i got back into it this morning.

Anyway if anyone still cares i'll share some of the best sectors i've found for buying, storing and upgrading ships...

I was 90% right with the spelling of the sector i mentioned in my last post, i had the right letters, but a few of them out of order, i'd first spelt it Careitis, but it's actually called Caeritis, which i've made my current base of operations.

While it only has one large station, Bernoulli Vision with only nine ships available to buy, but they include some slightly hard to find ships, including the Adder, Keelback and Viper mark iii and iv, which is where i bought my Adder and Viper mark iv and i'm considering going back to test some other ships.
(While its' Viper mark iv isn't discounted as i have seen them elsewhere, i can't remember where and i didn't have the money to buy one when i saw it cheap anyway.)

But the big reason i like it is it's one of the few shipyards i've found that seemingly has a full stock of all available ship upgrades and i'm pretty sure 35 ship storage slots, which makes it a good place to buy ships nearby and travel to.

The sector i mentioned with four large stations then is called Delta Muscae (what is it with Frontier and "ae" spellings of words?... :) ) and i was very hopeful when i first discovered the sector.

After investigating it though, i'm only partially happy with it, while it's best station, Poleshchuk Station has the pretty rare Diamondback Scout and Explorer for sale (as does another station in the sector Oefelein Terminal) and another station in the sector, Ford Ring has the Python for sale, Poleshchuk Station is the only station in the sector that can store 35 ships, while the other three large stations only 8 each (the last large station in the sector is called Andreas Ring and it's the first large station i arrived at in the sector, while on a delivery mission) .

But the big thing that disappointed me about the sector is, none of the big stations include all the available ship upgrades, i bought a Diamondback Explorer (not discounted but before this i'd only seen the ship for sale at one other station and i couldn't afford it then and i don't think that one was discounted either) at Pole... and i had to take it to every big station in the sector looking for upgrades and though i couldn't afford to completely upgrade it right now (the price of a 5A FSD is shocking, five million!, while the 5B is ONLY about 1.5 million :_ ) and i'm not sure they altogether had all available upgrades.

But one good thing going for the sector is, it's pretty close to Engineer, Tod "The Blaster" Mcquinn's home sector, Wolf 397.

(Also something else slightly odd i discovered while in the sector is the following.
While i can understand why we've to pay to transfer ships between sectors and wait for them to arrive, but i assumed it'd be free and instant to transfer ships between stations in the same sector, but not so...

I arrived in the sector in my Cobra and parked it at Pole... where i bought and transferred into my new Explorer, which i then flew around in 'til i could find as many upgrades as i could find and afford, but after that i decided i'd have to park the Explorer 'til i make more money.
I then went to ship transfer screen to see that i'd have to pay and wait five minutes to transfer my Cobra to the station i was at, now sure i've travelled far enough to have to wait 40 minutes plus to transfer my ships before, but i was in the same sector as my Cobra, naturally it was just as bit quicker to fly directly over to it... :) .)

Edit: On the way back to Tod's home sector, i'd to stop in the next sector to it for fuel, Wolf 406 and it's got another nice large station Hamilton Gateway.
It has 35 ship storage slots and crucially a full stock of upgrades available.

Also among the ships for sale is a discounted Diamondback Explorer (i want my extra 300,000 back... :) ) and it's only the second sector i've found the Dolphin in, it's not discounted though :) .

Last edited:
Top Bottom