Shock Cannons

The cutter has the most powerful shields in the game. If you're in a T10 and you come up against one, wake. Fortunately, npc cutters are as rare as rocking horse poo.

Shock cannons are the worst for ammo, but I think several weapons need an ammo boost between 20% and 50%.

Shock Cannons
Cannons
Enforcers
Frags

Maybe Plasma and Rails too. Just small increases.

And Missiles, Black Hawk:📜

• Up to 16 AGM-114 Hellfire laser-guided missiles via M299 launcher
  • Rockets: 70 mm (2.75 in) Hydra 70 unguided rockets in either a 7 tube (M260) or 19 tube (M261) pods.
  • AIM-9 2 ATAS (Air To Air Stinger)
Elites Guided and unguided missiles racks are, shall we say a little on the light side.🤔

the lack of engineering on the shock cannons indeed leaves them short on ammo , the other weapons you can engineer to hi cap for extra ammo if that is what you are after

the lack of engineering on the shock cannons indeed leaves them short on ammo , the other weapons you can engineer to hi cap for extra ammo if that is what you are after

The whole idea behind the guardian weps was an alternative to engineering since so many players reacted like they'd been flayed alive.

Shock cannons are great for assassination, lots of damage very quickly they'll rip apart an elite npc corvette in just a few passes. Fixed ones mean you get the rolling damage boost without the accuracy drop off. You need something else to drop the shields first though.

I always forget about these weapons! Now i want to try them. I am thinking of cobbling together a high burst DPS Mamba fro assassination/ pirate kill missions. Would these be a good/ fun option?

Edit; I will be unlocking these ASAP, as they seem super fun.

Last edited:
I always forget about these weapons! Now i want to try them. I am thinking of cobbling together a high burst DPS Mamba fro assassination/ pirate kill missions. Would these be a good/ fun option?

yeah the shock cannons are fun/good the only downside is the lack of ammo

The whole idea behind the guardian weps was an alternative to engineering since so many players reacted like they'd been flayed alive.

Shock cannons are great for assassination, lots of damage very quickly they'll rip apart an elite npc corvette in just a few passes. Fixed ones mean you get the rolling damage boost without the accuracy drop off. You need something else to drop the shields first though.

You are correct.

Except that shock cannons are human weapons, not guardian.

My pedantic meter is filled for the day now. Thanks Stig.

They fire as fast as you pull the trigger, so you can plink away or go trigger happy up close.

They get a damage boost for successive hits, but also a corresponding accuracy penalty with gimbals. Fixed are best.

Havent tried them in my Mamba yet.

They fire as fast as you pull the trigger, so you can plink away or go trigger happy up close.

They get a damage boost for successive hits, but also a corresponding accuracy penalty with gimbals. Fixed are best.

Havent tried them in my Mamba yet.
I have been using gimballed in the large Hardpoints on the Mamba. They are just a little bit too far apart for fixed. I really love them though. I have a Huge efficient/therm vent beam, and torpedoes in the smalls just for fun. I really like this set up for the assassination missions.

I also put fixed shock cannons on my Krait phantom. Those class 3 hardpoints are perfectly placed for them

I have been using gimballed in the large Hardpoints on the Mamba. They are just a little bit too far apart for fixed. I really love them though. I have a Huge efficient/therm vent beam, and torpedoes in the smalls just for fun. I really like this set up for the assassination missions.

I also put fixed shock cannons on my Krait phantom. Those class 3 hardpoints are perfectly placed for them

I'm sitting in the outfitting screen popping fixed large ones into my mamba now (and two small ones), I'll see how I do and let you know.

Just trying to decide on a good shield destroying laser for the huge mount, huge gimballed short range thermal vent beam I think. Although I have an efficient one already in storage.

Its a nice setup, shields drop really fast shock cannons make a right mess of the hull. You also have an easy option for them chaffing.

I see what you mean about the hardpoint spacing, for small ships you pick to hit with either left or right. However the tiddlers melt just under the beam.

I'll keep both types in storage just for fun.

Top Bottom