Show your 3D Printed Ships

Oh ... by the way ... if you search "Elite Dangerous" on Etsy you can find a number of 3D printed models of several of the Elite ships:

il_570xN.1106383834_lnx4.jpg

Prices don't look to high.

While I am nuts about this game in many ways I'm not going to spend $3000+ USD or more (which I would probably do...forget the cheap ones) to generate an ED ship in 3-D. I'm awaiting Frontier to get their act together with Revell, Monogram, AMT or even European plastic model companies (the Germany ones are awesome!) to start with a Cobra Mk III! It is a given per they already have the compiled ship source code which all these companies can easily work with. They just have to pay for the dies and negotiate with the advertisement and distribution. Then again an "Elite..the Movie" also works. It did pretty well with the S&W .44 Magnum model 29 sales with Clint Eastwood in the Dirty Harry movie series. Their cost went ballistic.

Last edited:

Ian Phillips

Volunteer Moderator
We have never seen this Cobra again since 2014. Maybe because it's taking place in Sir Brabens living room?

The Jameson is for Memorial, for scale, paint the rusty parts and to clean the mind and the brushes.

Great models out there! I knew it.

I am sure, there is more to come.

The Cobra was used at Gamescon 2015!

Sorry, I was only on Gamescom 2016, with no gaint Cobra at all.

For sure, before that it was docked at Sir Brabens Living Room!

Otherwise I would have tryed to nick it.

:)

Last edited:
Ive done this one as a bucky ball racer its a mk3 cobra , based on a concept by josh badger attack. files are on printables as 'jamesons cobra". it took about 2 weeks to print and is 60 cms across. I'm still painting it , but this is it so far.

Attachments

• pic2.jpg
    pic2.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 58
  • pic4.jpeg
    pic4.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 55
Top Bottom