signatures for crossplay

It took the second post mentioning Sony and MS before I understood the OP....

Probably won't happen any time soon for the already mentioned reason.

would be nice if MS would take the first step, and leaving Sony running after it.. in fear to be canceled out.

Sony have absolutely no reason to open up crossplay with Microsoft, as they won the console wars for this generation.

Crossplay means that the platform is no longer a USP, which undermines Sony's income stream.

Would be nice. Technically very feasible. Won't happen.

iirc, wasnt MS for the idea of crossplay? i think sony dont want it to happen
I look on MS's motivation to get players involved in crossplay like the witchs motivation to attract kids to her house with candy.

Sony and MS are corporations and they don't do anything without a profit being generated, or people get fired.

Those two big corporations need to realize that to allow cross-play would actually increase sales in both platforms. More people would buy the game if they could play it all together.

Last edited:
I'll take just Xbox One and PC crossplay together. I have 2 PC's and an Xbox. A copy of Elite on each. Would be nice to wing up with my youngest on the Xbox. But Frontier never comments on the crossplay threads. So I'm guessing it's not happening.

This would mean great things for the game really - so much missed opportunity because "reasons". Someone needs to knock their heads together and get this done. Then it takes the platform out of the equation because people can fly together and buy/play the game on the platform they wish rather than thinking - oh my friends play on PC but i cant afford it, or they play on console etc - its very limiting in that regard.

We can dream though.

But War Thunder and Rocket League did it. I sincerely ask, why do you guys say is up to Sony and Microsoft?

The fact that a handful of titles did it doesn't mean it's common practice. Even most truly AAA titles don't consider it worth the trouble. Just use google and find out why. MS and Sony are pain to work with when comes to consoles, delivering updates and using other servers than their own.

Microsoft WILL allow cross play if FD approaches them about it. Sony WILL NOT. Steam......i dont know

The ball is in FD's court on this one (except in regards to Sony). Fortnite proved it is not only possible........but that it is simple

Last edited:
Forza horizon is pc and xbox crossplay and I think ark will also be cross play. It's obviously possible for xbox and pc, Sony I highly doubt it

Forza horizon is pc and xbox crossplay and I think ark will also be cross play. It's obviously possible for xbox and pc, Sony I highly doubt it

Yes, though, isn't XBone/PC crossplay only available for DX12 titles? (read Windows 10 only)
I think it needs to be available on the Xbox marketplace, or whatever is that thing called.

This question has been done before in at least 2 other recent threads. To recap, Microsoft has no issues with it, Sony pays lip service to it but doesn't really want to play well or share toys with other companies.

Top Bottom