Since putting in coasters, entire sections of my park have completely died.

So like almost everyone in challenge mode, I started off with simple thrill rides and softer rides for families. Things were going alright, but once I opened up a couple coasters in a new section of the park, everyone has flocked there. It's been 2-3 ingame years since, and barely a soul has touched any other ride or vendor outside of that one section. I've tried rebranding all the old rides, advertising them, opening new rides and even a coaster in my fantasy area, but nothing. I even have the 5k/mo and 1k/mo marketing for families going. Nothing seems to work. These people are hellbent on riding roller coasters and nothing else.

Is there anything I can do?

Well, it seems that in real parks roller coasters are the biggest draw. Every time a park builds a new one attendance spikes.

Well. I don't know your park.

But i experienced this too. I had a trainswitched all ages coaster. After Frontier seemingly changed trainswitch status. The coaster went back to teenager/adults and the complete section died.
Replaced the coaster and everything went back to normal. I can't use any adult/teens coaster anywhere in my park from what i observed.
That makes a big chunk of coasters and rides in game unusable for me.

Last edited:
So like almost everyone in challenge mode, I started off with simple thrill rides and softer rides for families. Things were going alright, but once I opened up a couple coasters in a new section of the park, everyone has flocked there. It's been 2-3 ingame years since, and barely a soul has touched any other ride or vendor outside of that one section. I've tried rebranding all the old rides, advertising them, opening new rides and even a coaster in my fantasy area, but nothing. I even have the 5k/mo and 1k/mo marketing for families going. Nothing seems to work. These people are hellbent on riding roller coasters and nothing else.

Is there anything I can do?
Would charging a lot more for tickets work? If they can't or won't pay, most of them will go some where else. (?)
I also use it to limit Ballon-sales. i came to the conclusion that 14-15 Dollars for a ballon, stops 95% from bying ballons.

Make rides free, and charge park entry only. That way you get decent lines at all rides. At least that's what I see in my park.
Also make sure the rides and queues are evenly decorated.

Top Bottom