Since When Has A 7 Minor Faction System Been 8 With 3 PMF.

Major change! This is BIG! So the BGS has altered and I can personally confirm. A system of 7 with 2 PMF is now a system of 8 with 3 PMF. A 3rd PMF expanded to it. This means any system of 7 with a PMF is no longer safe. Usually, Invasion could take place with 7 non player minor factions.

We had an expansion into a 7 faction system fail very recently, just a cycle or 2 ago.

Which system was it? we might to be able to spot something edge case about it

Major change! This is BIG! So the BGS has altered and I can personally confirm. A system of 7 with 2 PMF is now a system of 8 with 3 PMF. A 3rd PMF expanded to it. This means any system of 7 with a PMF is no longer safe. Usually, Invasion could take place with 7 non player minor factions.
That's not the rule.

Invasion candidates have 7 factions where at least one is not a domestic faction (which is virtually all systems) regardless of whether they are player/non player factions.
I believe Jmanis is correct, there should be no actual mechanical differences between player-inserted factions and other factions. It would be odd regardless if the mere presence of a PMF prevented invasions.

How about 8 with 8 PMF? Let's not have any of these NPC factions cluttering up the invasion!
...or another one...
Yeah idk what you see but those two systems aren't even at 7 factions LOL

Yeah idk what you see but those two systems aren't even at 7 factions LOL

Ian's links are historical data. Currently, there aren't 8 factions, but the data Ian linked was from March 3305 and June 3306 respectively... whereas those Inara links will be current for Nov 3307.

That is, more than 7 factions has been a thing for quite some time now.

Last edited:
So a PMF can't expanding to a system with 7 factions unless it's an invasion. I know you only can invade when you exhausted all available expansion slots within a system.

Where there is for certain government types. Anarchy PMFs are different than Anarchy NPCs.
If i recall what you're referring to, no, that's not a difference of PMF vs, i don't know, "standard" faction.

There's a small handful of player anarchies which, under the hood, aren't actually criminal ethos. But that's not an explicit difference of PMF vs a standard one, rather just something FD tweaked under the hood.

If i recall what you're referring to, no, that's not a difference of PMF vs, i don't know, "standard" faction.

There's a small handful of player anarchies which, under the hood, aren't actually criminal ethos. But that's not an explicit difference of PMF vs a standard one, rather just something FD tweaked under the hood.
And it's a tweak that Frontier has also applied for NPC factions, sometimes. Two of the five democracies at Explorers' Anchorage are Corporate ethos rather than the typical Social, for example.

Top Bottom