sizes and dimensions of Planet Coaster objects

sizes and dimensions of Planet Coaster objects for Content Creators (Thememaker's Toolkit)

I made some experiments with the parts ingame to get some sizes and dimensions.

The thickness of the walls.

PC2.JPG
PC3.JPG

As you can see if you place the walls like this there is not an equal number to cover the area. Infact also 11 peices dont fit right.
I tried to replicate this in Blender since we know a generic wall is 4x4 Meters.
Applied a Array & Solidify Modifier. This is the result:

it seems the 4x4M walls are ~37.5cm thick.

37.5 cm are 14.76377 inch
and 15inch are 38.1 cm - but this also doesnt work so i really dont know why they have used ~37.5cm.

inch.JPG

the best would be 40cm so you can fit 10 walls in there.

I found one piece wich is exactly 50cm.
4m/8=0,5m

50cm Ref.JPG

As you can see the train tracks are 1m wide

Track widht.JPG

Next i placed the Guests like this and measured a bit in Blender and came to the conclusion that the taller guests are ~1.80m and the smaller ones ~1.67m tall.
Since you cant measure the guests right because the ingame view is not orthographic these are not the actual numbers but they seem really close and realistic.
The height applies to both male and female guests.

guest male.JPG

guest_male.JPG

the children are ~1.2m tall.

child male.JPG

child female.JPG

Animatronics are taller than the actual guests

Animatronic height.JPG

Benches should be ~40cm tall.

bench.JPG

so it seems Planet coaster uses real world measurements and with this knowledge we can create our objects in normal dimensions.

With the benches it seems like they used the DIN measurements for seating heights. (normal person - 46cm, small person 42cm) It would make sense since a theme park is mostly for kids.

I didnt measure the widht of some coaster tracks but i wouldnt be surprised if they match the real world tracks.

Last edited:
Helpful, thanks!

What's the name of that piece?

I forget the name I think it's under the fairy tail theme though if I remember right... To go with the chains... (The back side makes for great metal patches on steampunk stuff too... (It's one of my personal favorites to build with.)

The paths are not exactly the size they say they are:

path.JPG

path2.JPG

4M Path = 3.8 M
5M Path = 4.8 M
6M Path = 5.8 M
7M Path = 6.8 M
8M Path = 7.8 M
9M Path = 8.8 M
10M Path = 9.8 M

Frontier why are so much things inconsistent?

@redrum your ruler is super helpful. Thx alot.

I used it to recreate the different coaster types (still 5 left). I will provide the files after i finished them all.

01_Unfinished.png

Last edited:

View attachment 2030

View attachment 2031

4M Path = 3.8 M
5M Path = 4.8 M
6M Path = 5.8 M
7M Path = 6.8 M
8M Path = 7.8 M
9M Path = 8.8 M
10M Path = 9.8 M

I used it to recreate the different coaster types (still 5 left). I will provide the files after i finished them all.

View attachment 2032

Lets assume the path sizes are a little less than 4 mtr because they have to fit through 4 mtr gaps in buildings and we dont want peeps to go through walls right? If all the 4 mtr paths are 3.8. Looks consistent to me.

So why call them 4 mtr paths, because they perfectly fit inside an 4x4 building and its grid.

Last edited:
Isn't it possible that you're looking at the sheer 3d model of the paths? Ingame there may be a border added, like those tree trunk pieces on the "natural" paths. If borders are applied ingame, you'd certainly end up with a 4 metres path size instead of a measured 3.80.

View attachment 2030

View attachment 2031

4M Path = 3.8 M
5M Path = 4.8 M
6M Path = 5.8 M
7M Path = 6.8 M
8M Path = 7.8 M
9M Path = 8.8 M
10M Path = 9.8 M

View attachment 2032

That is amazing. good job Nupol. would it be possible to release the 3dsmax file, for those?
I have a mission to create stuff with them once im done with my water park and alien stuff.

Ive also discovered that you cannot export a perfectly sized 8 x 8 x 8 object, as the TMT gives an error that its 0.000000061035138 over the maximum limit.

Top Bottom