Slightly increase mission times from 24h

The missions that give you 24 hours to complete really irk me, and I will tell you why. Like most CMDRs, I have a job and life that must be attended to which means that the days I can game tend to have a similar time at which ED becomes a possibility. Let's just say it's 7pm.

Scenario 1
I log on at 7pm, check the missions board and take missions that allows 24 hours to complete. If, for whatever reason, I do not complete a mission within the next few hours of my session, I must log in with enough time to complete the mission before 7pm the next day. So a typical Assassination will require me to log in at 630pm the next day, in case I am unfortunate enough to get an informant variation.

Scenario 2
After completing some missions, landing and getting ready to log out for the evening, I check the mission board for anything really good that I'd like to grab for my next session. Many mission types like trading allow multiple days, but some of my absolute favorites (Assassination) do not. So because I happen to be a combat pilot and not a trucker, I must commit to logging back on the next day as soon as I can to reserve tasty missions when I get lucky with the mission board RNG. Were I a trucker, not only would I not have to rush to finish it the next day, I don't have to be concerned if life comes up and I can't log on the next day.

Solution? Simply extend 24 hours time limits to something like 30. I'd rather them see multi-day limits like many missions have, but would settle for an extension of even a few hours so I'm not required to continually log in earlier than I did the previous day. As I pointed out earlier, 24 hours is in all reality a requirement to finish in one session. The time limit of 24 hours feels like I ought to have a chance to finish it the next day and not within my 2-3 hour session.

Apologies for the ramble, tried my best haha.

o7

Last edited:
That would be a nice QOL. I feel like the mission board would feel a lot better with 3-day missions as a standard, but a few more hours is already a win!

Sometimes the mission board is very generous and can give you more than you can chew in one session (even though it may be nowhere near the 20 mission limit), or you just want to setup missions for the next day (because you know it may not be generous when you login tomorrow) and the 24 hour limit can really hurt here.

Makes sense to me.

Single day missions are mostly ignored if you are stacking near the max of massacre missions from only a few factions. Fine if you take them as the first few missions from a faction because they will be completed first, but a waste of time otherwise due to them timing out.

I like a variety.
There should be some intensely time-critical missions where part of the thrill is the clock.
Then for normal play it should be more relaxed.
Why not both?

I like a variety.
There should be some intensely time-critical missions where part of the thrill is the clock.
Then for normal play it should be more relaxed.
Why not both?

Missions would have to a time limit of ~1hr to reall feel time-critical imo. Getting ostly ~30+ hour missions with 1hs sprinkled in that give a bonus would be nice.

You could give all missions a year to complete and some people would still complain it is not long enough.

If real life stops me from completing a mission in time, I shug my shoulders, take the fines/hit on rep etc (if any) and move on.

Top Bottom