Sloths???

Well with all the speculation in recent weeks about how the life of PZ could be coming to end at the end of this year which I hope is just that btw. Anyway I couldn’t help but wonder if frontier has any plans to add these guys? I know in the world of animals there’s many more interesting to watch but I still feel these guys should definitely be in game. I read these guys can swim 3 times faster then they move on land and can hold their breath underwater for 40 minutes.
C9C6CBFF-407E-4ED5-A065-67E65F3B9E98.jpeg

So devs if you see this don’t forget these little guys!

Sloths would be great but I'm not all that hopeful for them. I almost feel like they would be better served as exhibit animals, given how slowly they move. The Tortoises move slowly as well but they're ground dwelling, easier to visually connect with. But I would really like sloths, was disappointed they didn't make it in the South America pack.

I wasn't into the idea until they went ahead and added koalas which are similarly arboreal and sedentary. The major difference, of course, is that koalas can move around effectively enough on land and simply prefer not to whereas sloths really struggle. Still, I'd be down for them, why not. They're a zoo staple and a popular animal.

Well with all the speculation in recent weeks about how the life of PZ could be coming to end at the end of this year
Speculations based on nothing, talking along and bringing back up these speculations every time will only make it worse.
I personally don't see this happening this year.

To come back to the subject of the thread. I'd like to have sloths as well. Fascinating animals.

Last edited:
They would be really great for small Enclosures. I think they should have the smallest needed Requirements for normal Space because normally they only seem to climb down to poop and then immediately climb up again. Maybe special Enrichment Items could be added that can be attached to Trees (same would also be great for Koalas)

I really hope for them!

If I had to pick one, it would be two-toed sloths as they are the cuter ones imo, but in the end, I would be happy with any sloth species.

2f1-1.jpg
It's so adorable 😍

No one who has speculated (or flat-out stated) that the game will not be supported after this year has offered any evidence or even vaguely or marginally convincing argument why this might be expected but, yes, sloths are great.

They would be really great for small Enclosures. I think they should have the smallest needed Requirements for normal Space because normally they only seem to climb down to poop and then immediately climb up again. Maybe special Enrichment Items could be added that can be attached to Trees (same would also be great for Koalas)

It's so adorable 😍

And wait until you will see their pups:
fbe97c4c12532c771caa0a40468590fd.jpg

I believe the "only until the end of this year" thing less and less. I never saw an argument for it besides "But Planet Coaster..."
With Sloths... I think it would be a challenge to implement them. I have a fear they would seem over active in game and not be aboreal enough. We seem to have already a quite similar situation with the Koalas.
But they are highly requested, so never say never.

I believe the "only until the end of this year" thing less and less. I never saw an argument for it besides "But Planet Coaster..."
With Sloths... I think it would be a challenge to implement them. I have a fear they would seem over active in game and not be aboreal enough. We seem to have already a quite similar situation with the Koalas.
But they are highly requested, so never say never.
The oddest thing about the 'but planet coaster' thing is that PC got three full years of support not two. JWE got less but that is a game Frontier developed where they have limited possibilities because of it's association with the franchise - it was commissioned from them not initiated by the studio and I imagine they are fairly constrained by what they could do. I know for instance there was loads of talk of feathered dinosaurs prior to release but they pretty much had to stick with the Jurassic park look to be consistent with the films.

And wait until you will see their pups:
fbe97c4c12532c771caa0a40468590fd.jpg
😍💕

Koalas seem to climb way more if the Enclosure is small. My newest Koala Enclosure is only big enough for 3 Koalas and most of the Time 2 Adults and a Baby are in there. They are in the Trees very often.
In my Australian Zoo (where I've accidentally built the Enclosure extremely big) the Koalas almost never climb

Sloooths. They are my number 2 most wanted animal in this game! I would be over the MOON if we got them! I don't even care if they're not that active to watch. That's how sloths are! ❤️

I really want sloth bro.. the perfect SA animal pack would be

Maned Wolf
Bush Dog
Three Toed Sloth or Two Toed
Capybara
Squirrel Monkey or Tree Porcupine or Rhea?
Spectacled Bear
Howler Monkey
Blue Poison Dart Frog
I really want more animal packs ...

Last edited:
Well with all the speculation in recent weeks about how the life of PZ could be coming to end at the end of this year which I hope is just that btw. Anyway I couldn’t help but wonder if frontier has any plans to add these guys? I know in the world of animals there’s many more interesting to watch but I still feel these guys should definitely be in game. I read these guys can swim 3 times faster then they move on land and can hold their breath underwater for 40 minutes.
View attachment 222179
So devs if you see this don’t forget these little guys!

I would not pay any attention to any of that. It is all nonsense, the game has began its golden age, and what is now possible in this game will allow for unlimited support for years to come. The only thing that can prevent this game from growing tremendously in the next few years in my opinion would be Frontier releasing Planet Zoo 2 and that is not something that is likely to happen until years from now, so lets enjoy the amazing game we have now. This will be the biggest year for this game, it already is with all the community breakthroughs, and I believe Frontier will not stay far behind either.

Sloths are SA necessities.
I really do hope the could revise the region with animal pack containing most requested animals.

Adding:

Capybara
Manned wolf
Sloth
Coati
Black howler
Andean bear
Vicuña

Sloths are SA necessities.
I really do hope the could revise the region with animal pack containing most requested animals.

Adding:

Capybara
Manned wolf
Sloth
Coati
Black howler
Andean bear
Vicuña
Not sure I’ve seen any requests for Andean Bear?

Top Bottom