Slower drop in body temperature of animals

It often happens to me that animals in the habitat, for example eat from feeders and unexpectedly the zoo is attacked by the winter. The temperature indicator drops drastically and animal welfare decreases just as drastically and the animals continue to eat and before they finish eating demonstrators appear at the zoo and I get dozens of warnings about poor animal welfare. it is terribly unpleasant and chaotic. In the zoo, in real life, animals that come from warm climates, despite the fact that it is winter and the temperature is low and there is snow on the ground, spend some time outside, having fun at the same time. I believe that the temperature index in animals should also drop much more slowly, but only after crossing some threshold (let's say 40%) the animals should look for a warm place in their habitat and only after regenerating it to ~100% they should behave as if the temperature was okay. I think it should be the same with visitors who freeze immediately before they walk several meters. I also realize that the weather system in the game would have to be rebuilt a bit, it is also too dynamic and chaotic. seasons should be longer and the game time should pass more slowly. This, in turn, would be a reason to rebuild the game's financial system. The conclusion is that the game is too fast and too dynamic. It would be nice if you could slow down other aspects of the game as well as the aging age of the animals.

Just wanted to say, the Game should really at least let the Animals finish eating before it gets too bad or maybe the eating could be stopped so the Animals can go to their Shelter

Some People like to build their Zoos more realistic. That's why I place Heaters only in the Shelter. Maybe this Person does it the same Way
It’s a game with somewhat unrealistic management challenges by default. You can place the heaters slightly underground outdoors and have them visible in the shelter. Everybody should be happy.

It’s a game with somewhat unrealistic management challenges by default. You can place the heaters slightly underground outdoors and have them visible in the shelter. Everybody should be happy.
Of course everyone can build like they want
🙂👍
Didn't say anything against it

I find the animals in the game will passively hang out someplace it's too cold or too hot, even if they aren't eating. I have a special issue with polar bears and otters (the former seem to get too hot when swimming, even with a water chiller installed, and the latter frequently get too hot in tropical climes, in spite of being tropical animals), but I've seen it with lions and cheetahs who get too cold and with wolves who get too warm. They always manage to find the slice of cage that isn't heated or cooled appropriately and just sit there.

IRL, animals would seek the areas of their enclosures that are heated or cooled. I think some zoos do put heaters and coolers under the floor in habitats, even when they are outdoors. The polar bear habitats at most zoos seem to be chilled, for instance. But realistically, this wouldn't work as well in the size of habitat required for polar bears in this game, which are much bigger than the polar bear enclosures at the zoos I have been to.

I suspect the rapid cooling or overheating dynamic occurs because the clock time in the game is essentially "sped up" so that several hours of weather happen in ten seconds, but the animal behaviors aren't sped up in the same way (or they'd be too quick to watch). So by the time the animal moves to a better spot, the snow storm or heat wave is over.

Top Bottom