SLYAIKS JG-N C23-1 (Circumnavigational ELW hunt)

CMDR Iain666 has let us know for awhile now of an unclaimed ELW at SLYAIKS JG-N C23-1. It gave me a good reason to head out that way...so off I went. After finding 8 additional untagged ELWs on my own, I finally reached the system. I left the world undisturbed, and just lingered in orbit for a moment. Seemed the classy thing to do. I shall begin my circumnavigation this evening...

Last edited:
Another day, another ELW. This one was found using what I like to call the "blind squirrel and acorn method" F & G star density is still too low to do any kind of real search...

Excellent finds!

When I went to the Outer Arm I had a move a bit farther downstream before finding a spot to cross over from Perseus. I probably should have looked harder.

It's all in how you go about looking for them Frawd. I'm constantly refining my method. Just blindly travelling, taking whatever the nav plot decides, I averaged about 1 ELW for every 230 jumps. Manually plotting each and every jump (which I have to do anyway with a 3 jump 16t tank) I can passively search as I travel and my average drops to 1 in 80 jumps or so. I have several "active search" modes, depending on star density, which lowers that to 1 in 60 or so....but even with that, you have to have volume. I have found 34 so far on this expedition, and have made 2530 jumps, in 11 days.

It's all in how you go about looking for them Frawd. I'm constantly refining my method. Just blindly travelling, taking whatever the nav plot decides, I averaged about 1 ELW for every 230 jumps. Manually plotting each and every jump (which I have to do anyway with a 3 jump 16t tank) I can passively search as I travel and my average drops to 1 in 80 jumps or so. I have several "active search" modes, depending on star density, which lowers that to 1 in 60 or so....but even with that, you have to have volume. I have found 34 so far on this expedition, and have made 2530 jumps, in 11 days.

I swear if I see your name attached to another rare... I will do nothing but yell at the screen again... lmao. If we divide up the galaxy into quadrants, you are a beta quadrant hero.

Quick question regarding the plotting of your route in EDD.

1) Is each one where you've found your ELW's?
2) What does the text say, as I can't zoom in enough?
3) Have you drawn this route over the top of the one generated by EDD, if in fact you're using EDD?

Fly Safe & Regards

Quick question regarding the plotting of your route in EDD.

1) Is each one where you've found your ELW's?
2) What does the text say, as I can't zoom in enough?
3) Have you drawn this route over the top of the one generated by EDD, if in fact you're using EDD?

Fly Safe & Regards
It is just the map, I overlaid my own route, with each circle being the end point (close guestimate) for that day's travel. I try and post daily showing a screenshot of each ELW found during that day's travel. The text is just the date I was within that particular circle to show my progress thus far. Once the circumnavigation is complete, I'll post all of them to the ELW thread (Marx is gonna skin me).

Just blindly travelling, taking whatever the nav plot decides, I averaged about 1 ELW for every 230 jumps.

Your average is pretty similar to mine (and I use "blind" plotting)...right now I am at 1 ELW every 193 systems (but it has ranged as high as 250).

Manually plotting each and every jump (which I have to do anyway with a 3 jump 16t tank)

I have a 2 jump 2t tank and I rarely manually plot my route. The only time I do manually plot is when I run into an unscoopable, then I have to make sure the next is scoopable, and if it's not then I plot the next star.

Frawd

Top Bottom