Small DLC in between seasons

I'd especially love something like this for exhibit species where you would get, say, five species of a similar group. That way, you could variety among the exhibit species - I think this is especially important as among smaller animals like amphibians, reptiles and especially invertebrates there is less standardisation among zoo collections. It would also deal with the problem that has happened in past DLC where a large and normally diverse group has been represented by just a single species - the stick insects in the Southeast Asia Animal Pack particularly comes to mind here.

Here are a couple of examples I can think of:

Poison frog micro pack
Anthony's poison frog - A Near Threatened species which is red with cream stripes
Dyeing poison frog - A highly variable species that is common in captivity
Green-and-black poison frog - A mostly green species which is extremely common in zoos
Maranon poison frog - An Endangered species which is a rich brown with white spots
Yellow-banded poison frog - A yellow and black species which is extremely common in zoos

With that, you would have five new species that all have some degree of common captive presence to go alongside the two current species (one of which is incredibly rare in zoos).

1686652495147.png

Stag beetle micro pack
Fighting giant stag beetle Hexarthrius parryi - A large dark species with yellow spots from the jungles of mainland Southeast Asia
Giant stag beetle Lucanus elaphus - A large red species from the woodlands of eastern North America
Gladiator stag beetle Homoderus gladiator - An orange-yellow species with dark spots from the rainforests of Africa
Rainbow stag beetle Phalacrognathus muelleri - A brightly-coloured species with toothless jaws from the jungles of New Guinea and Queensland
Sumatran giant stag beetle Cyclommatus elaphus - A large species with an iridescent green base and some orange and purple highlights, from insular Southeast Asia

With this pack, there would be a greater range of biomes and continents represented - more so than the poison frog micro pack, which by its nature is centred entirely on Central and South America.

1686652513541.png

What are animals that you guys consider similar to what we have now but still want to see? for me:

American Black Bear
Sumatran Tiger
Barbary Ape
Nile Crocodille
American Flamingo
Sulcata Tortoise
Green Peafowl
South American Tapir
Yellow-Footer Rock Wallaby

Would be good for this type of pack :)

Good idea! I also thought that it would be possible.

Even an anniversary mini-pack would be nice, but also it would be great if there were 3 free anniversary animals (2 habitat and 1 exhibit).

Canid Pack (Tanuki and Bush Dog left for "real" DLCs)
  • Any Jackal
  • Coyote
  • Grey Fox or Bat-eared Fox
Bear Pack (all of them seem like good candidates)
  • Spectacled Bear
  • Sloth Bear
  • American Black Bear
Equid Pack
  • Onager
  • Grevy's Zebra
  • American Mustang
Antelope Pack (smaller species like klipspringer and large species like Nilgai/eland left for normal DLCs)
  • Blackbuck
  • Greater Kudu
  • Impala
Deer Pack (muntjac is unique enough for full DLC)
  • American Elk
  • White-tailed Deer
  • Thorold's Deer
WE Bird Pack (lorikeet would be WE of full DLC)
  • Dove/Pigeon
  • Macaws
  • Songbirds
Snek Pack
  • Any cobra
  • idk I don't like snankes haha
Lizard Pack
  • Tuatura
  • Any Cameleon
  • Any Gecko
Misc South American (edentates) Pack
  • Any second Armadillo (I'd like screaming hairy)
  • Linne's Two-toed Sloth
  • Any Tamandua

Canid Pack (Tanuki and Bush Dog left for "real" DLCs)
  • Any Jackal
  • Coyote
  • Grey Fox or Bat-eared Fox
Bear Pack (all of them seem like good candidates)
  • Spectacled Bear
  • Sloth Bear
  • American Black Bear
Equid Pack
  • Onager
  • Grevy's Zebra
  • American Mustang
Antelope Pack (smaller species like klipspringer and large species like Nilgai/eland left for normal DLCs)
  • Blackbuck
  • Greater Kudu
  • Impala
Deer Pack (muntjac is unique enough for full DLC)
  • American Elk
  • White-tailed Deer
  • Thorold's Deer
WE Bird Pack (lorikeet would be WE of full DLC)
  • Dove/Pigeon
  • Macaws
  • Songbirds
Snek Pack
  • Any cobra
  • idk I don't like snankes haha
Lizard Pack
  • Tuatura
  • Any Cameleon
  • Any Gecko
Misc South American (edentates) Pack
  • Any second Armadillo (I'd like screaming hairy)
  • Linne's Two-toed Sloth
  • Any Tamandua
Tuataras aren't lizards, so maybe something else like another monitor lizard like the Perentie or Lace Monitor, even a Plumed Basilisk

Some regional biome packs would be great to get some niche species

So like an North American Desert Mini Pack, giving you the Collared Peccary, Greater Roadrunner and potentially Burrowing Owl

or a African Tropical Mini Pack, giving the Mantled Guereza, Dwarf/Slender Snouted Crocodile and the Giant African Millipede or African Rock Python

or even a Asian Temperate Mini Pack, giving the Raccoon Dog, Pere David's Deer and Chinese Giant Salamander or King Cobra

Stuff like this for like $5 would be amazing

Lemur pack
Sifaka
Aye aye
Mouse lemur

I feel those are the last three lemurs we really need

I also like the idea of the distinction between these packs and "real" packs. You can easily have animals in these packs that may be frowned upon in other DLC

Top Bottom