CQC (Small Things) That would improve CQC

Known tweaks that would make CQC better than everyone thought should go here. First off...

Dedicated Server - Man oh man this would be nice, but I don't think you'll do it.
Server Side Toggles - Change countdown timers, weapons and ships allowed, game length and anything that you have a switch on that we can't tweak yet.
Speed Hack Detection - Need work on this, if only just to make it easier for a player to report a cheater.
More game modes - Duels (1vs1, 2vs2, 3vs3, etc.) King of the Hill, Kills improve ship/weaponry (Gungame!), etc.
More Credits - Maybe it's just me, but I can play CQC for two hours and maybe scrape 8 grand. It's not fair.
Server Browser - At least see stats and who's online. But it would be nice if we could see where people are playing the most.
Bots in Match - Allow or Disallow.
Weight Classes - Try CQC as a Viper, Cobra, and an Adder. Etc. and Etc. For every ship in the game.

Add anything else you guys can think of and I'll try to add it to this top post. Maybe we could get something like this pinned?

Last edited:
Adding more game types is a slippery slope. Unless they make king of the hill in the same que as FFA death match it would be rare to get it I think.

Adding more game types is a slippery slope. Unless they make king of the hill in the same que as FFA death match it would be rare to get it I think.

Just have to be careful with which ones they choose to add. Not many players at the moment, but I just thought of something else.

Just have to be careful with which ones they choose to add. Not many players at the moment, but I just thought of something else.

Yeah I wish they would merge team slayer and CTF a bit.

Also let you make premades so I don't get some random guy who sniffs some onion head somewhere.

Being able to vote on the game limit would be great. It'd be melodramatic to state there's occasions when I spend more time in the lobby than in game, but ... yeeaaahh... the DM/TDM games could last a bit longer, imho.

i would ask for a better integration into the game.

one wrong keypress or click, and your have disbanded/left your squad.

acessing the game options is not possible from within the cqc game mode - you HAVE to leave matchmaking queues and your squad to do simple changes to sound or input.
CQC has unique controls (especially targeting)- but only the voice comms got seperated keybinds. thats a no-go.

Elite Dangerous item description are cryptic? well, CQC item descriptions are even more useless. Either dumb it down, or give the full infos.
This half-half thing there is confusing. (Example: the lasers list "thermal" as damage, the plasma-repeater does not even mention what damage type it is.)
etc...

Top Bottom