News Sneek Peek #5 - Slow zoom from the edge of a misty crater

What planet is that? I want to add it to my list to check out when Horizons drops. That large crater looks like it would be fun in the SRV!

ITS A TRAP!

This looks like partial atmosphere in that crater... like in sort of atmospheric seasons with gas vaporizing out of rocky structure during hotter periods... absolutely awesome! Thank you :)

Oh no, I was supposed to get some work done tonight! I'll have to watch this on loop for the next hour instead! Also Mist! Yay!

Somehow, all these awesome peeks and developer videos make me less inclined to play the game in its current state. Knowing that a barrage of glorious stuff is just around the corner makes the game we have right now seem much poorer by comparison. I think I'll have to play something else until next week! :D

Hi David. That all looks AMAZING! Any chance of a little run through of what we're seeing? I know you guys will have used some science to produce it.

So, is that volcanic? How come there's more fog in craters? Is it made of different minerals, hence the colours? Does the stellar forge decide how old craters are when adding ejecta? Also, is that the new Viper? It looks lovely!

I'm a bit confused, how there's this misty thing if there's no atmosphere?

Perhaps you should read the text that accompanies the video in Sir Braben's post? I'll quote it for you...

Here's another unedited video taken from Elite Dangerous: Horizons. Again, many things here are unfinished which I won't call out. This shows another slow zoom, but this time showing the effect of volatiles forming as a mist in a deep crater on a cold, rocky, uninhabited world:

Last edited:

Deleted member 38366

D
Nice to see that the Planets got a good overhaul to reflect the huge dust- and debris-markings from Asteroid impacts one would expect :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Sqeeeeeee

animated-gif-scrubs-fangirling.gif

Top Bottom