Snow Leopard and Boat Drivethrough

Hey dear Fellow-Zookeepers,

today I would like to share with you my Snow Leopard Habitat including a Boat Drivethrough, a 360 Degree Viewing Point and an elevated Viewing Point for the visitors.
If you are interested in the building process, you can find here the Youtube link to the Build.

Yours, 😘
GAMESSICK

7LrSkJb.jpg

Th9ixKO.jpg

q4cZehW.jpg

Joël

Volunteer Moderator
Wow, those screenshots look really nice, with the snow and the river that is well placed between the rocks and scenery! Nice work! :)

Beautiful habitat for real.
Did you notice too that the water animation is always in the middle of the boat no metter what the actual level of the water is? I hate this :rolleyes:

Absolutely beautiful, I love watching videos like this for inspiration! I'm guessing you are using the mod that puts maximum coverage at 100 for all animals? Honestly, I think most animals should have a larger coverage and that plants shouldn't count as much as they do (as opposed to trees). For example, African grassland animals shouldn't want a lot of trees, that's fair, but putting in a good amount of elephant grass shouldn't make them miserable. Tall grass is just a thing in the African grasslands, and the wild zebra don't seem up in arms about it, lol.

For snow leopards they frequently live in frozen forests similar to what you built, but I'm guessing without a mod the game animals would freak out over the perfect habitat you just built having too much coverage.

Absolutely beautiful habitat. I haven't yet experimented with the rides myself but this is a really creative way of using the boat that I probably would never have thought of.

For snow leopards they frequently live in frozen forests similar to what you built, but I'm guessing without a mod the game animals would freak out over the perfect habitat you just built having too much coverage.

You don't need a mod. You play in Sandbox and turn off animal welfare. With welfare turned off you can ignore pretty much everything an animal needs and build to your heart's content. It's a super useful feature if you want to build realistic zoos (to use another foliage example, I don't use tropical plants at all in outdoor habitats because most of them wouldn't grow in a temperate biome zoo).

This is incredible! How did you put the snow on top of the rocks? Don‘t tell it is always two rocks on top of each other...

Update: Noticed now that you have an arctic zoo. :)

Last edited:
Top Bottom