So, about that 3%

breaking-news.png

I so wish mining was persistent. I know it would take a long while to deplete a ring, but it should happen.

We would suck it dry and have to move on

[...] Whether or not CMDRs who do use Inara are more or less affluent than average is unknown.

Just like I don't know whether people who dine at the Ritz are more affluent than those who eat at McD an average. :p

If I had to guess though..

It wouldn't surprise me if the majority of ED accounts haven't even logged in this year.

Its mentioned a lot, but that 3% isn't fixed for all time.

Look what's happening at Borann right now:

Plus, people need to remember that Inara doesn't contain the stats for every single Commander. For all we know, the number of players who currently have 5B CR is larger. If Borann is any indication, it will be. All roads lead to the ice rings around Borann A2 and the Triple LTD hotspots there:

View attachment 167339

Also 5 billion is peanuts, If your using Inaras numbers 1 guy has 1 trillion credits on inara. yup 1,003,880,111,592
Might be donkey poopeypoo might be true.

Just noticed his credits are now listed as verified. what ever that entails.

Last edited:
Its mentioned a lot, but that 3% isn't fixed for all time.

Look what's happening at Borann right now:

Plus, people need to remember that Inara doesn't contain the stats for every single Commander. For all we know, the number of players who currently have 5B CR is larger. If Borann is any indication, it will be. All roads lead to the ice rings around Borann A2 and the Triple LTD hotspots there:

View attachment 167339
3% is 3%. The fact that there are more players doesn't mean that the percentage of players with a given attribute (here: have 5bn) also increases. That is rudimentary math.

The question is not how much you made one an arbitrary number of missions, the question is how much money would you have made by doing mining instead.
That is the problem.
Probably slightly less if I was mining :)
I would have fallen asleep after the first hour, then got robbed by the pirates when I woke back up and took the 5t cargo off to sell! :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Just adding my two cents here: Please take the Inara statistics as a very limited picture of the overall wealth of all commanders (as mentioned there, it represents Inara commanders only). Although 3% of 125k commanders may mathematically also represent millions of other commanders, this statement is somehow valid ONLY if such sample is unbiased and made randomly from across all the population. Which is not a case. Actually, I will be quite surprised if such number will fit the real statistics.

Personally, I think the percentage of 5+ billion commanders is actually even lower for the entire player population. But, I won't be surprised if it will be also much higher. The sample is quite small (and biased) in comparison to the entire player population to make any definitive conclusions. So let's take it as a just some kind of hint, but not a conclusive value. :)

Back
Top Bottom