So i just flipped a system

And painted a starport blue in the process. As an added bonus the new flight controller has a really nice soothing voice.
Quite nice feeling must say.

It took me about 10 days to push the inf up, then trigger and win the conflict with the ruling faction. System has less than 50 millions population and there was no opposition.
Anyway, all my supported faction got out of this was this one single starport. The previous ruling faction still holds a number of assets, both planetary and orbitals.

Guess now i have to push the inf higher (currently is around 50) then wait for a Coup?
Are there various levels of influence to trigger it and based on that, a certain number of stations will flip?

Unfortunately didn't found much info on this type of conflict.

Edit: the main workworse was a Python named Flipper 🤪

Last edited:
Guess now i have to push the inf higher (currently is around 50) then wait for a Coup?
Are there various levels of influence to trigger it and based on that, a certain number of stations will flip?
Each conflict will only result in the transfer of one station (the most valuable one owned). "Coup" conflicts only work if the faction tipping (60-odd?) is not the owner of the system. Since your supported faction are now the owners, they cannot trigger a coup.

So, the only way you can get that faction owning the other stations is to re-equalize with the other asset-owning factions and win those conflicts.

(Or; get all other stations owned by a foreign faction, then retreat that faction from the system. Post 3.3, good luck...

Pff, boomer. Guess i can push a bit the old ruling faction to trigger another conflict.
o7

Now back to Coup, during it only the most valuable asset will flip or it will affect all stations?

Pff, boomer. Guess i can push a bit the old ruling faction to trigger another conflict.
o7

Now back to Coup, during it only the most valuable asset will flip or it will affect all stations?
Coup functions exactly like any other conflict; only the most valuable asset will flip.

Any conflict will only result in the exchange of one asset - the most valuable one, as Jmanis indicated. You can't start a coup by pushing your faction - they're the ruling faction now.

To force another asset into your faction's control, you will need to work against it, in favour of the faction you want to lose another station. Equalise the influences again and then win the war for your faction.

I remember my first system flip - I was absolutely thrilled! I liken it to playing Othello on the Galaxy Map.

I haven't done much BGS since switching to PC. For me, BGS is more of an "end game" commitment, and I'm still early game on my PC account.

Anyway, congratulations!

Top Bottom