Newcomer / Intro So I tried out the K-Warrant Scanner, a few questions on its usefulness

Scanned a clean guy in fed space. Showed he had a warrant on my contacts screen. So I shoot him, I get a bounty. Once I kill him my bounty is at 9600 and he was only worth 8300 and its in Empire Space. So is this thing only useful in Anarchy systems? It would be nice if once I scan the target, all his bounties get uploaded to the fed police. In the context of real life though I guess that would be too easy. Anyone heard any talk of this happening?

yes its best used for anrachy systems and to add "extra" bounty to locally wanted targets.
and for uploading bounties, the npc's are probably thinking "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" so i don't think it would make much sense if the feds payed you for killing someone who is wanted by the empire.

Scanned a clean guy in fed space. Showed he had a warrant on my contacts screen. So I shoot him, I get a bounty. Once I kill him my bounty is at 9600 and he was only worth 8300 and its in Empire Space. So is this thing only useful in Anarchy systems? It would be nice if once I scan the target, all his bounties get uploaded to the fed police. In the context of real life though I guess that would be too easy. Anyone heard any talk of this happening?

It's also useful if you get interdicted. Because most people interdicting you have bounties in multiple places... but yea, anarchy systems is where the KWS shines.

Sargon

Banned
Either Anarchy systems, or when a pilot is wanted in the system you run across him in. That way you get to cash in the warrant he's got for that system plus any others as well. But of course you need to travel to the other systems belonging to the factions who also had him flagged as wanted.

If I see someone is already wanted in whatever current system I am in I automatically kill scan them so that I get whatever extra bounties are on them. Basically you get some extra bonsus on whatever bounties they are currently showing. I don't bother scanning if they are not already wanted.

In anarchy systems I scan everyone as they usually show up clean since anarchy systems don't have police.

Top Bottom