So the Legendary version comes with 1,000 Frontier Points, what does that buy us?

stormyuk

Volunteer Moderator
Hello,

My understanding is that 1,000 Frontier Points is equivalent to around £10 in currency, will this translate £ for point vs. the stuff available on the Frontier Store or do we lose value in some sort of currency transfer?

For example, the "Vulture Community Flash" paint scheme it £1.50 on the Frontier Store, will that be 150 points on the Elite Dangerous PS4 Store?

Thanks.

NOTE!!!

You can't buy items via the website for PS4 or XboxOne.

You can only buy game extra's via the in-game store..

Hopefully someone with an Xbox copy can answer that, presuming that they also use "Frontier Points" to buy "stuff".

I've never liked having to buy stuff in order to buy stuff. What's wrong with using real money like the PC Goodies store?

Yeah it's about 100 points to a pound :)

A ship name plate is 200
Ship ID tag is 200
Weapon colour 100

So that's 500 gone instantly and you've not even started on your commander lol ;) it's one off per account and be used on multiple ships so it's not as bad as it sounds :)

Last edited:

stormyuk

Volunteer Moderator

A ship name plate is 200
Ship ID tag is 200
Weapon colour 100

So that's 500 gone instantly and you've not even started on your commander lol ;) it's one off per account and be used on multiple ships so it's not as bad as it sounds :)

Thanks that looks like exactly 100 points = £1 in my book. Ship ID = £2.00 Boundary ID = £2.00 and Weapon Colour = £1.00

Good news!

A ship name plate is 200
Ship ID tag is 200
Weapon colour 100

Thats handy, that would leave me with enough for maybe a Paint pack or two for the iEagle.

The Raider shipkit for the Asp and Cobra is good value for your money.

You get 6 skins with it, and the kits.. 800 points

I'm going to look FABULOUS in my gold Sidewinder next to those rusty old buckets...
View attachment 120963

sorry monkey i just out diva'd you
diva 1.gif
you will never out diva this queen of Elite PS4 lol

Last edited:
The Raider shipkit for the Asp and Cobra is good value for your money.

You get 6 skins with it, and the kits.. 800 points

Six skins, all rusty. But yes, the kits are goods, and both ships are extremely useful for all jobs, especially when you start the game.
However without at least one raider suit the ships are utterly unplayable :)

NOTE!!!

You can't buy items via the website for PS4 or XboxOne.

You can only buy game extra's via the in-game store..

Question - are there things in the Frontier store that are not available on the console? I see the "This is only available for PC / Mac" on items, but I'm not sure if that's because one needs to buy these things via the Xbox / Playstation Store, or if that means that Frontier hasn't made xyz for the console yet.

Question - are there things in the Frontier store that are not available on the console? I see the "This is only available for PC / Mac" on items, but I'm not sure if that's because one needs to buy these things via the Xbox / Playstation Store, or if that means that Frontier hasn't made xyz for the console yet.

No. Every item is available on console. When new items appear, occasionally there may be problems (like last time only one out of 6 raider suits was purchasable on console - but these are bugs, and they are fixed quickly.

What this warning means is that direct purchase from website won't be applicable to console account, you have to do it from console itself.

Just to confuse matters when you open up the ingame frontier store on xbox it actually opens it using the xbox Web browser lol :D

There seems to be a lot missing from the Legendary edition box game. Nothing was said about the commander bonus skins or the Gold Sidewinder pre-order skin coming in the Legendary boxed version.

Top Bottom