So . . . . Type 8 eh?

Interesting it is supposed to be a variant of an existing ship and is the Type 8 rather than a Type 7 or 9 with a suffix. I’m going to guess it is a Type 9 variant that sacrifices enough cargo space to trim the hull down to medium landing capability, making the Type 7‘s existence even more perplexing. Might as well add an ARX purchasable cargo insurance option as well.
It would make more sense if it was a variant of the Keelback. But with fdevs choise of turning 'goid combat into a no-skill slug fest, I don't think "sense" is part of their decision making process.

Ozric

Volunteer Moderator
I hope that supercruise overdrive is an indication that they’re thinking about ways of transport ships to avoid interdiction, and that we’ll get more toys along those lines
The game certainly needs some kind of anti-interdiction modules, because at the moment all the advantage is with the aggressor. And the inclusion of SCO just makes the weighed even more in their favour.

Haha, how much worse can it get? Although, wouldn't an improved Scout Mk.II just be an Asp Explorer? Nobody in their right minds buys an Asp Scout, which is why I use one for material gathering...

I think airframes that don't currently have multiple iterations are Sidewinder, Hauler, Adder, Type-7, Anaconda and the Imperial ships (not including the Eagle). In my head I count the FdL and Mamba as variants of each other.
I want the Asp Scout or Mk 2 to be a total nightmare ship, going from the vanilla to pure craziness. Twin huge hardpoints, aggressive farting boost noises and great internals.

what if...
type 7, but up the hard points to 5 small and 1 medium, chop out 1 size 6 slot and 1 size 5 slot, make it a lil more sluggish, lil less armor, 6 utility mounts, increase the size of the powerplant to 6 and increase the FSD size to 8.
in a way... it would be a large pad Asp in spirit... and who doesn't like a huge asp for an exploration expedition.
Plus, for raw trading or passanger missions it would be worse, for rare trading it will be amazing, and since it has 1 medium it could do deep core mining!

Or...
Make type 9 scout. Type 9 but lighter... and also fits on a medium pad... to make the type 7 even more irrelevant! O3O

jokes aside the type 7 can be a useful ship.
But if the type 8 is just type 7 with a fighter bay and not much more I will be dissapointed.
I'd vote for a heavy asp, a multi role ship, that way for those who don't want the Python mk2 and its combat oriented layout and want something new with a sleek look that can be outfitted to do a bit of everything.

Or... OR! type 7 with 2 huge hardpoints. then suddenly that good yaw rate with 2 huge plasma cannons... instant win ship. Total pay to win. Will buy 10 and pre-order for early access. No fighter bay though, otherwise it would be too overpowered.

Top Bottom